Contribute
Register

100% Success with the Acer Aspire E5-575G-53VG and Sierra 10.12.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. I've managed to install and boot to Hack, and got a lot of things working and a lot of things not. So...
- Audio works with VoodooHDA, but laptop's mic isn't. I've read that it might be good idea to patch AppleHDA. So I've made a patched AppleHDA using patcher, then went the Clover way and injected audio-id=3. Well, it didn't work.
- Touchpad doesn't work. As I see, i need to go the long way with VoodooI2C, but it seems very complicated to me with all that DSDT patching.
- At the end of boot the Mac logo glitches. I've tried booting with and without external monitor - it's all the same.
- Can't get two monitor setup working properly. If i boot with second monitor and open lid, everything's alright. Mac detects both of them. If i close the lid, Mac sees only external monitor. Good there too. BUT. If i open the lid again, Mac detects internal monitor and enables dual-monitor, but the internal monitor stays black. Not that grey-TN-screen black, but BLACK, as it gets no power at all.

And the thing that troubles me the most now (and keeps me from updating to High Sierra)
- i can't manage to patch ACPI files to disable nvidia card. I open the only file that contains the _OFF method, i find it, but i don't understand what i should do with it. Guess I'm dumb enough, but the guide deletes some method call, and i don't have such.

Don't feel dumb. The most difficult portion of this project was getting the dedicated graphics to be rendered completely disabled - in fact, I'm still on Sierra, because I'm not certain I'd be able to follow the guide again -- it's just that difficult.

Your touchpad not working is likely due to something simple -- don't overthink it. Maybe your USB kext? (Did you use the generic or the xhci one?).

That being said, my laptop is going strong, and I plan to upload my entire EFI folder on Monday (its at work) for those that want to try the ol' "give me the fish, not the rod" method.

Edit: PS: Your external monitor stuff is going to be tricky; I have black tape over one of my ports (HDMI I think?) because that port WILL utilize the Nvidia graphics instead of the Intel ones, so using it after Nvidia is disabled is impossible, as I recall.

Don't feel dumb. The most difficult portion of this project was getting the dedicated graphics to be rendered completely disabled - in fact, I'm still on Sierra, because I'm not certain I'd be able to follow the guide again -- it's just that difficult.

Your touchpad not working is likely due to something simple -- don't overthink it. Maybe your USB kext? (Did you use the generic or the xhci one?).

That being said, my laptop is going strong, and I plan to upload my entire EFI folder on Monday (its at work) for those that want to try the ol' "give me the fish, not the rod" method.

Edit: PS: Your external monitor stuff is going to be tricky; I have black tape over one of my ports (HDMI I think?) because that port WILL utilize the Nvidia graphics instead of the Intel ones, so using it after Nvidia is disabled is impossible, as I recall.

Wow, the EFI folder would be great. I don't think I would blindly copy it though, I'd like to get familiar with all these patching stuff, but a reference will surely help a lot, thanks ;)

For external monitor I'm using VGA port (for reasons, duh), so losing an HDMI doesn't seem like a big problem.

As for touchpad, it was working at some point of tinkering with Hackintosh, but it worked as a PS/2 mouse, if I recall correctly. So no gestures, no scrolling, only point and click. So I've tried some other kexts for ELAN touchpads, but that just broke it completely, because this touchpad uses I2C bus. Does your work okay, though? With gestures and all that features?

And about High Sierra, don't you can update to HS directly? The only thing that kept me from booting HS is enabled discrete graphics, AFAIK.

Hello. I've managed to install and boot to Hack, and got a lot of things working and a lot of things not. So...
- Audio works with VoodooHDA, but laptop's mic isn't. I've read that it might be good idea to patch AppleHDA. So I've made a patched AppleHDA using patcher, then went the Clover way and injected audio-id=3. Well, it didn't work.
- Touchpad doesn't work. As I see, i need to go the long way with VoodooI2C, but it seems very complicated to me with all that DSDT patching.
- At the end of boot the Mac logo glitches. I've tried booting with and without external monitor - it's all the same.
- Can't get two monitor setup working properly. If i boot with second monitor and open lid, everything's alright. Mac detects both of them. If i close the lid, Mac sees only external monitor. Good there too. BUT. If i open the lid again, Mac detects internal monitor and enables dual-monitor, but the internal monitor stays black. Not that grey-TN-screen black, but BLACK, as it gets no power at all.

And the thing that troubles me the most now (and keeps me from updating to High Sierra)
- i can't manage to patch ACPI files to disable nvidia card. I open the only file that contains the _OFF method, i find it, but i don't understand what i should do with it. Guess I'm dumb enough, but the guide deletes some method call, and i don't have such.

Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Didn't check anything else.

I fell Hackintoshing is like sailing on a leaky boat. You plug one hole, the other one opens.
So. I've managed to get almost everything working, besides touchpad, Wi-Fi (obviously) and card reader. The problem is that my in-built keyboard falls off at random moments and i don't know the cause of it. Sometimes it stops working in the middle of entering my password on the login screen, sometimes after 5-10 minutes of using the laptop. Maybe i overpatched (is this even a word) my DSDT with all that VoodooI2C. I don't know.

Attachments

• debug_26387.zip
    2 MB · Views: 110
I fell Hackintoshing is like sailing on a leaky boat. You plug one hole, the other one opens.
So. I've managed to get almost everything working, besides touchpad, Wi-Fi (obviously) and card reader. The problem is that my in-built keyboard falls off at random moments and i don't know the cause of it. Sometimes it stops working in the middle of entering my password on the login screen, sometimes after 5-10 minutes of using the laptop. Maybe i overpatched (is this even a word) my DSDT with all that VoodooI2C. I don't know.
kexts belong in /Library/Extensions

best to remove from /System/Library/Extensions

delete EmuVariableUefi-64 as you are using AptioMemoryFix

IntelBacklight.kext should be removed, new guide here for backlight:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rol-using-applebacklightinjector-kext.218222/

not seeing VoodooI2C kexts installed?

kexts belong in /Library/Extensions

best to remove from /System/Library/Extensions

delete EmuVariableUefi-64 as you are using AptioMemoryFix

IntelBacklight.kext should be removed, new guide here for backlight:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rol-using-applebacklightinjector-kext.218222/

not seeing VoodooI2C kexts installed?
Yes, I removed VoodooI2C kexts for the time being, I thought that they may be the reason the keyboard stop working. But they are not, as it seems.

But what's the difference between S/L/E and L/E?

But what's the difference between S/L/E and L/E?

Apple recommends /L/E, and it does tend to work better especially with Lilu and Lilu-based plugins.

Oh, I feel like I'm abusing this forum with my stupid questions, but I really want to fix my issues. And here they are:
1. If i boot Mac with my lid closed, Mac doesn't recognise my screen, when i open the lid, but if the lid was opened, i can close and open the lid as much as i want.
2. I want to use VoodooI2C to use touchpad with gestures. The touchpad itself works now, but as a mouse. So, no scrolling, no nothing. Mac just doesn't detect the touchpad as touchpad. To use VoodooI2C, i need to apply Windows patch to DSDT, so my touchpad can be detected by the system and kexts can be applied. I tried all the Windows versions and I'm facing a problem: when i apply windows 10 patch, keyboard and touchpad stops working, but the touchpad starts to show up in IOREGExplorer, when i apply windows 7 or 8 patch, it doesn't change anything. When i apply Windows 8.1 patch, the Mac stops booting at all :D What do i do here?
3. Sometimes after sleep my usb ports kinda stop working. My keyboard and mouse stop working and i need to replug them to get them to work.

UPD: I see that fairly ofter the sound output stops working after sleep. But the mic keeps working.
Did i miss some DSDT patch or there's some other mistake I made that gives me all these issues?

Attachments

• debug_6079.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Oh, I feel like I'm abusing this forum with my stupid questions, but I really want to fix my issues. And here they are:
1. If i boot Mac with my lid closed, Mac doesn't recognise my screen, when i open the lid, but if the lid was opened, i can close and open the lid as much as i want.

The ioreg you attached is this scenario?

2. I want to use VoodooI2C to use touchpad with gestures. The touchpad itself works now, but as a mouse. So, no scrolling, no nothing. Mac just doesn't detect the touchpad as touchpad. To use VoodooI2C, i need to apply Windows patch to DSDT, so my touchpad can be detected by the system and kexts can be applied. I tried all the Windows versions and I'm facing a problem: when i apply windows 10 patch, keyboard and touchpad stops working, but the touchpad starts to show up in IOREGExplorer, when i apply windows 7 or 8 patch, it doesn't change anything. When i apply Windows 8.1 patch, the Mac stops booting at all :D What do i do here?

The ioreg shows your trackpad being serviced by PS2 kexts, not I2C.

3. Sometimes after sleep my usb ports kinda stop working. My keyboard and mouse stop working and i need to replug them to get them to work.

See USB guides linked from FAQ:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

UPD: I see that fairly ofter the sound output stops working after sleep. But the mic keeps working.

CodecCommander.kext might help.

Did i miss some DSDT patch or there's some other mistake I made that gives me all these issues?

Your HGOF (called from _OFF, which you're calling from _INI) has EC access that needs to move to _REG.
Details in guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-disabling-discrete-graphics-in-dual-gpu-laptops.163772/

The ioreg you attached is this scenario?

The ioreg shows your trackpad being serviced by PS2 kexts, not I2C.

See USB guides linked from FAQ:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

CodecCommander.kext might help.

Your HGOF (called from _OFF, which you're calling from _INI) has EC access that needs to move to _REG.
Details in guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-disabling-discrete-graphics-in-dual-gpu-laptops.163772/

Yes, this ioreg.

I think the PS2 kexts are used because I didn't install I2C kexts yet, because i can't properly patch DSDT. I looked up the touchpad model in google and it says that it uses I2C bus.

EC method calls moved to _REG, this works alright, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back