- Jun 9, 2013
- MSI B450I GAMING PLUS AC
- Ryzen 3900X
- RX 5700XT
- Mobile Phone
Hello. I've managed to install and boot to Hack, and got a lot of things working and a lot of things not. So...
- Audio works with VoodooHDA, but laptop's mic isn't. I've read that it might be good idea to patch AppleHDA. So I've made a patched AppleHDA using patcher, then went the Clover way and injected audio-id=3. Well, it didn't work.
- Touchpad doesn't work. As I see, i need to go the long way with VoodooI2C, but it seems very complicated to me with all that DSDT patching.
- At the end of boot the Mac logo glitches. I've tried booting with and without external monitor - it's all the same.
- Can't get two monitor setup working properly. If i boot with second monitor and open lid, everything's alright. Mac detects both of them. If i close the lid, Mac sees only external monitor. Good there too. BUT. If i open the lid again, Mac detects internal monitor and enables dual-monitor, but the internal monitor stays black. Not that grey-TN-screen black, but BLACK, as it gets no power at all.
And the thing that troubles me the most now (and keeps me from updating to High Sierra)
- i can't manage to patch ACPI files to disable nvidia card. I open the only file that contains the _OFF method, i find it, but i don't understand what i should do with it. Guess I'm dumb enough, but the guide deletes some method call, and i don't have such.
Don't feel dumb. The most difficult portion of this project was getting the dedicated graphics to be rendered completely disabled - in fact, I'm still on Sierra, because I'm not certain I'd be able to follow the guide again -- it's just that difficult.
Your touchpad not working is likely due to something simple -- don't overthink it. Maybe your USB kext? (Did you use the generic or the xhci one?).
That being said, my laptop is going strong, and I plan to upload my entire EFI folder on Monday (its at work) for those that want to try the ol' "give me the fish, not the rod" method.
Edit: PS: Your external monitor stuff is going to be tricky; I have black tape over one of my ports (HDMI I think?) because that port WILL utilize the Nvidia graphics instead of the Intel ones, so using it after Nvidia is disabled is impossible, as I recall.