Contribute
Register

[100% SUCCESS] tonelab77's X79 Build: GA-X79-UD5 - i7-3930K - GTX 680 (4GB) - 64GB RAM - 5 x 512GB S

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm unable to get my marvel gsata controllers reading my crucial m4. It reads it in bios but not in mountain lion. I put it back int he 6gb controller.

Right now Im using no marvel controllers, I'm out 4 sata ports

Also Im confused what to put in my extra folder, you and Ziglen have the same build as me. Do i put both these plist files in there?

100% SUCCESS tonelab77's Build: GA-X79-UD5 - i7-3930K - GTX 680 (4GB) - 64GB RAM - 5 x 512GB SSDs [Audio/Sleep Working]

Congratulations! I am thinking of a similar configuration, but it will be my first Hackintosh (so a bit anxious).I have read quite some stories of people writing:
"Save yourself some grief get an i7 4770K" as that socket is supposed to be easier to 'hack'.

I had a look at your installation instructions and that seems not to be too complicated. If you have some spare time a few questions:

1) With your manual could a n00b like me do it? (when the computer is build by a professional with windows, so I only have to do the Mac OS X part)

2) I would get the i7 4930k. Will this work similar? (see configuration :
http://www.tonymacx86.com/buying-ad...g-i7-4930k-ga-x79-ud5-gtx-770-2gb-issues.html

3) Do you or "Rayd" knows why your Geek Bench is quite lower than his Rayd's Build (which has less good specs: Video card, Ram, Mobo, and not 5 ssd in raid)

Powermac G4 MDD - Core i7 3930K - GA-X79-UD3 - 16gb 2133mhz - GTX670
http://www.tonymacx86.com/powermac-...7-3930k-ga-x79-ud3-16gb-2133mhz-gtx670-3.html

5).You both are professionals: Do you think the i7 4770K would be fast enough for my needs?
Many hours HD (in future 2K) video (AVCHD, MTS, MXF) editing in Premiere Pro like 'butter' (with video/ audio effects). I would love the Thunderbolt 2 of the z87, but I wonder if I need the extra power of the 6 cores more.
What do you guys think?

THNX SO MUCH

Thanks for the instructions!
I used these to get 10.8.3 working with sound and video.
Upgraded to 10.8.4 went well.

Now the issues... 10.8.5 install with UniBeast 3.0.1 is not working.
Have you tried 10.8.5 or Mavericks?

I am fixing to do a fresh install once again using your steps to see if I missed anything.

Thanks for all your time spent helping others like me!!!:crazy:

Have you had any experience with upgrading to 10.9, and if so, were there any particular difficulties involved? I appreciate any response you may be able to give. I have been building hackintoshes also for several years for me and my family and really appreciate your expertise and thoroughness. If I did not live in Europe I would probably have had you build mine rather than do it myself.

Sorry I haven't replied, but I don't have the computer anymore. I sold it to a photography studio and they haven't contacted me in months, so I'm assuming it's going well for them. Sorry I can't be of more help regarding newer updates and Mavericks.

Sorry I haven't replied, but I don't have the computer anymore. I sold it to a photography studio and they haven't contacted me in months, so I'm assuming it's going well for them. Sorry I can't be of more help regarding newer updates and Mavericks.

No worries. I tried to send a pm thanking you. This was a very thorough installation and I followed it to the T and it works flawlessly. I have Mavericks up and running with a couple of modifications. At unibeast I had to boot with npci= 0x2000 and GraphicsEnabler=No. I also altered the bootlist with npci=0x2000 and added the darkwake line. I also ran just the sleep enabler kext with the other optional kexts already installed from Multibeast when I did a side by side comparison with my 10.8.4 install. Thanks again, and as a professional musician using this to do heavy lifting your efforts saved me probably 3k.

It´s an UP4 (sorry for wrong spelling) the audio should is Realtek ALC892 (High Defenition)
Have probably tried wrong kexts (for wrong ALC898).
Looks like you need to be a proffessor to edit a DSDT file from another guide.
Realy wish there were a more simple solution...

thanks

I'm planning on building a system with this motherboard (GA-X79-UP4) and the i7 3930k. How has this been working for you?

I'm very nervous about spending all the money on the hardware, and was hoping I'd find someone with a similar build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back