Contribute
Register

[100% Success]Giga Z97X-Gaming G1, MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G (Creative Sound Core 3D Audio Working!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z170A Gaming M7
CPU
Intel Core I7 6700K
Graphics
MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G
So after trying many times in the past with AMD GPUs (and failing dismally), I've finally got a 100% working Yosemite 10.10.3, that includes audio (Creative Sound Core 3D) and sleep mode with no resume issues or failing audio issues. I used the UniBeast method with Chimera installed by MultiBeast. Here's how i did it.

Step 1) Follow the excellent guide from Tonymacx86 which is here

*note I didn't disable Virtualization in my UEFI and i have zero issues with it, Parallels is working great.

Step 2) Once you get up to Step 4 on the install guide you must use the following boot flag to get into setup

Code:
nv_disable=1

Step 3) Install and reboot as per the guide using the above boot flag again. You should use that flag every time you reboot from now on until i say otherwise.

Step 4) Run Multibeast, select the following options

Quick Start - DSDT Free
Drivers, Disk - 3rd Party SATA
Drivers, Disk - TRIM Enabler (if using an SSD)
Misc - leave them as they are and select USB 3 - Universal
Network, Atheros - Killer E2200
Bootloaders - Chimera v4.0.1
Customize, System Definitions - Mac Pro 3.1
*note if i didn't mention a section then leave it alone.​

Click Build > Install then when its finished reboot

Step 5) Install the following kext for audio support using kext utility:
VooDooHDA 2.8.7.zip

then reboot again.

Step 6) Grab the following Nvidia Driver

http://us.download.nvidia.com/Mac/Quadro_Certified/346.01.02f02/WebDriver-346.01.02f02.pkg

and install it then reboot. From now on you don't have to use any boot flags at all.

Step 7) Once your system has rebooted click the Nvidia icon at the top of your screen and select Web Driver. Reboot again as prompted.

Step 8) Profit

Just to be clear, i have a 100% working CustoMac install now, audio works great, dual monitor works great (one monitor, one TV), 4K 60Hz works great.

I hope this guide helps out some other people.

Are you able to get sound from Headphone jack or Line out in the rear? I'm only able to get sound through HDMI only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back