Contribute
Register

100 series motherboards with native NVRAM support?

do you use native NVRAM on your Hackintosh?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar to the previous post, how about the ASUS Z170-WS? The "NVRAM test" works (I can store a var w/o the EmuVariableUEFI) but doesn't persist across boots.

Similar to the previous post, how about the ASUS Z170-WS? The "NVRAM test" works (I can store a var w/o the EmuVariableUEFI) but doesn't persist across boots.

nvram test? can you provide a link please?

I just started using EmuVariableUEFI-64 + RC Scripts with my GA-H170M-D3H and this was the only way to keep the NVRAM persistent. I can now store Variables across reboots and NVIDIA Driver shows up correct.

Is there any downside to using this? I went whole year without persistent NVRAM and didn't notice anything aside from the cosmetic NVIDIA stuff. I saw the option "I don't rely on NVRAM" - what use case would fall in this criteria?

I can confirm MSI Z170A Krait UEFI doesn't support native NVRAM after version A.A. EmuVariable-64.efi does solve the issue like not remembering NV driver flag but breaks Clover LastBootedDrive at the same time.

I'm currently downgraded to A.A since it gives me overall better experience, let's see if those OEMs will add NVRAM support back or EmuVariable becomes a 100% working fix in the future.

thanks to RehabMan. i assume the native NVRAM support is now available with AptioMemoryFix.efi on 100/200/300 series mobos.

With AptioMemoryFix.efi instead of OsxAptioFix*.efi, you can likely get native NVRAM working (eg. working NVRAM without EmuVariableUefi-64.efi).

My laptop(Asus k501ux with Skylake CPU) native NVRAM now working fine with OsxAptioFix3 instead of OsxAptioFix driver.
Edit: AptioMemoryFix tested and work fine. with EmuVaribeUefi display brightness will reset after every reboot, but after migrating to AptioMemoryFix (or OsxAptioFix3) brightness value remained unchanged after reboot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back