Contribute
Register

100 % Passive cooled Custom Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m thinking of this for my next build. I think this is the future of system cooling. Refrigeration! Need to figure out how to handle condensation though and defrost mode.

FAE2E68B-656D-4C63-95C3-A75A21428448.jpeg

I’m thinking of this for my next build. I think this is the future of system cooling. Refrigeration! Need to figure out how to handle condensation though and defrost mode.

View attachment 453914

Like Peltiers, this kind of cooling can introduce condensation.

Like Peltiers, this kind of cooling can introduce condensation.
Maybe those elmenets coudl be used to cool the air intake and be places where condensation and water dosen't matter. (eg water plants lol)
Dual Core Highpower design: https://bit.ly/2xrzHNy :D

At idle or full load ? I have a MBP 2008 and thats also pretty silent in idle :)

All the reviews I've seen say that the MacPro7,1s are pretty close to silent even at full load.

All the reviews I've seen say that the MacPro7,1s are pretty close to silent even at full load.
That are great news looks like they have finally a golden build ? I remember the G5 I bought ages ago it was anything else than silent and stable. That was the time I blindly trusted Apple and throw all my saved money at them lol. And that only to keep using Emagic Logic

That are great news looks like they have finally a golden build ? I remember the G5 I bought ages ago it was anything else than silent and stable. That was the time I blindly trusted Apple and throw all my saved money at them lol. And that only to keep using Emagic Logic

Even the MacPro5,1s were pretty noisy.

Even the MacPro5,1s were pretty noisy.
wow !, I passed that, I let apple 3 times repairing my G5 and then they gave a completely new with even more issues.
Result was that I sold it and bought Hardware Synthesizers for the money and produced some years without computer :D
And then I got a PC and finally Hackintosh

wow !, I passed that, I let apple 3 times repairing my G5 and then they gave a completely new with even more issues.
Result was that I sold it and bought Hardware Synthesizers for the money and produced some years without computer :D
And then I got a PC and finally Hackintosh

I owned every PowerMac G4 but avoided every PowerMac G5 then went with MacPro1,1, MacPro3,1, and MacPro5,1.

Those G5s produced way too much heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back