Contribute
Register

100% compatible wireless card/adapter for Maverick and Win7?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea me too, it's faster and more secure. But this guy is bent on using his new wireless printer wirelessly. I told him we can network the printer off of the pc and his other devices would work wirelessly, but he's telling me the printer isn't near the pc or router, he's just got to make everything difficult lol.
Thanks for the suggestions =)

Printer can be wireless and computer wired (to same network) and computer can still access printer. Problem solved.

That's what I told him, but no, he wants EVERYTHING wireless.

Anyways, I'll be honest guys, I'm getting very very frustrated.

I have posted threads on all of the major Hackintosh forums x and emailed multiple people who even run websites on this stuff and NO ONE seems to be able to tell me even one single card that works with both maverick Windows 7.

I mean, I can't be the only person that needs this!!

I have people saying "build one yourself" ok, so exactly which part models work 100% with BOTH systems?

I just keep getting run around or no one responds at all.
Feeling really let down by the Hackintosh community =(

That's what I told him, but no, he wants EVERYTHING wireless.

Anyways, I'll be honest guys, I'm getting very very frustrated.

He wants to introduce WiFi at two devices instead of just one... for what purpose? To make it less reliable?

I have posted threads on all of the major Hackintosh forums x and emailed multiple people who even run websites on this stuff and NO ONE seems to be able to tell me even one single card that works with both maverick Windows 7.

Most cards will work with Windows 7. As previously stated, Windows has excellent driver support (unlike OS X). Find one that works with OS X and it is certain to work with Windows 7.

I mean, I can't be the only person that needs this!!

I have people saying "build one yourself" ok, so exactly which part models work 100% with BOTH systems?

I just keep getting run around or no one responds at all.
Feeling really let down by the Hackintosh community =(

Both you and your friend are making it more difficult than necessary.

I don't know if you've ever had to setup computers or build custom ones for clients, but every now and then you get an idiot who doesn't want to listen to your advice. He wants it the way he wants it.
I told him Ethernet is faster and more secure and just having this one computer wired through Ethernet that rest would work wirelessly just fine. But he doesn't care.
He's telling me the computer isn't near the printer or router, actually they are all in different rooms, really horrible setup.

So just please ignore the Ethernet option. I've tried to convince him but it's not happening.

I've found wireless cards that say they are only compatible with Mac, and after doing more research find out they aren't supported in Windows at all. Or it'll say Mac compatible but not work with 10.9, only 10.8 and earlier.
I've even bought cards off of websites specialize helping people build Hackintoshs, only to find that it installs but doesn't find any wireless network.

The issue isn't that simple.

I was really hoping to find someone that had a card that worked in a similar build (10.9+ win7).
But it seems I'm the only person lol

Guess I'll go buy 20 cards and hope one works, yay!

Did an install with TP LINK WND4800 on a friends hack and it was native no addition kext install needed.. Connected to my secured network no problems

Yea, it worked for 10.8 and earlier but not 10.9, which is what I have

I'm interested in this as well - Blackote, was the card working under Mavericks, which Jtmarch is having problems with?

It would be great to have a reliable, easy wifi option available for Mavericks, because ethernet may not be feasible for everyone.

Yes, no kext needed on my friends install of 10.9.1.. Then he updated to 10.9.3 and no problems at all. I was amazed on how it installed natively. Now as far as 5ghz I didn't look into that part of the card yet.

Was it a fresh install of 10.9?
I wonder how he got that working. From what I've heard is that 10.9 no longer supported 32bit kext, which is what the 4800 was using.

Either way, I wouldn't bet on it, I've seen so many forum posts about issues with it and 10.9. The few that get it to work(which I can't find instructions to) don't seem to work on the 5ghz band, or the signal is weak or drops. I mean
mine installed perfectly fine, it just won't find any wireless networks lol.

Was it a fresh install of 10.9?
I wonder how he got that working. From what I've heard is that 10.9 no longer supported 32bit kext, which is what the 4800 was using.

32-bit kexts have not been present in OS X since ML (Lion was the last with 32-bit support).

Either way, I wouldn't bet on it, I've seen so many forum posts about issues with it and 10.9. The few that get it to work(which I can't find instructions to) don't seem to work on the 5ghz band, or the signal is weak or drops. I mean
mine installed perfectly fine, it just won't find any wireless networks lol.

What kind of device is this? What is the actual chipset vendor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back