Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I already have changed both GPU's, but the Nvidia webdriver problems still exists with HT enabled.
But when this is disabled in the bios for the rest everything works fine..

Upgraded also to a LG 38UC99-W and with the four 4k monitors the GPU's manage it easy and less heat :thumbup:

do u mean that you already changed the graphic card?

also do u still havve the problem of Nvidia web driver with eh 1080Ti?
cause I think that titan x + 2696v4 is the problem

so if changing to 1080Ti solved it
i will manage to put 3 of them :D

and bye bye titan X

did

Ok thx

I received my USB 3.1 and will download again the folders that @kgp made perfectly
now I consider that dual GPU and 2696v4, there is no solutions to have HT enable
but I still do not understand that one 1/1000 the webdriver is enabled and the HT active
nevermind, HT or not HT there is not a huge difference in real use
(only synthetic test)

i have 3 screens 4k and 40 inches each
all connected on the 1st card, it is always perfect

this week end finally I will install X.13 :D

do u plan to OC the card?
mine are OC (by bios) but watercooled
and on Mac OS it is well managed: the score is higher before and after

Yes, I already have changed both GPU's, but the Nvidia webdriver problems still exists with HT enabled.
But when this is disabled in the bios for the rest everything works fine..

Upgraded also to a LG 38UC99-W and with the four 4k monitors the GPU's manage it easy and less heat :thumbup:

These are the sort of scores you can get from a 10 core i9.
And like I said, it's pretty easy. Just remove all patches from your existing EFI, get rid of a few kexts and it's all go.
Your SMBIOS needs to be quite current. Sierra or High Sierra is good.
View attachment 283286

I have seen already Geekbench Scores without OC around 43.000 for the i9-7900X (10 core).... ;) Something I by the way also obtain with my old Broadwell-E i7-6950X (10 core) / X99 System... ;) Anyway.. in contrary, stock speeds with the i9-7980XE (18 core) can easily reach 58.000 and more... which in this context might be much relevant... ;)

Last edited:
I'm gonna wait for a response from the Nvidia technical support with some updates on the problem.
Hopefully they can solve the problem.. in my case it would be better with HT enabled.

I received my 128G DDR4 kit, what a nice upgrade the system runs so smoothly now with multitasking even on 3 accounts :D
I have divided the LG 38 + 34 + 29 on the 1st GPU and the 2* Samsung 4k + Wacom Cintiq on the 2nd GPU

But the GPU's reach from idle 54° till 67° so considering to fix a full custom watercooling loop
Now my workstation is complete with the hardware upgrades I need to spare for a full EKWB set.

When thats is finished maybe im gonna OC the GPU's but for now its runs good as it is with rendering.
I have to investigate the EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3 have a master & slave bios, so you can OC the card on the separated slave bios.

Ok thx

I received my USB 3.1 and will download again the folders that @kgp made perfectly
now I consider that dual GPU and 2696v4, there is no solutions to have HT enable
but I still do not understand that one 1/1000 the webdriver is enabled and the HT active
nevermind, HT or not HT there is not a huge difference in real use
(only synthetic test)

i have 3 screens 4k and 40 inches each
all connected on the 1st card, it is always perfect

this week end finally I will install X.13 :D

do u plan to OC the card?
mine are OC (by bios) but watercooled
and on Mac OS it is well managed: the score is higher before and after

Reactions: GDS
If they can solve the problem
I will be super happy too: 44 threads fully active I will not say "NO" :D
i have 128Gb also, OC to 2400MHz and I reduced the latency on them

I'm gonna wait for a response from the Nvidia technical support with some updates on the problem.
Hopefully they can solve the problem.. in my case it would be better with HT enabled.

I received my 128G DDR4 kit, what a nice upgrade the system runs so smoothly now with multitasking even on 3 accounts :D
I have divided the LG 38 + 34 + 29 on the 1st GPU and the 2* Samsung 4k + Wacom Cintiq on the 2nd GPU

But the GPU's reach from idle 54° till 67° so considering to fix a full custom watercooling loop
Now my workstation is complete with the hardware upgrades I need to spare for a full EKWB set.

When thats is finished maybe im gonna OC the GPU's but for now its runs good as it is with rendering.
I have to investigate the EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3 have a master & slave bios, so you can OC the card on the separated slave bios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back