Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi guys,

the update to Maverick went really smooth, so thanks for this in the first place!
After a while I noticed my customac crashes if I move bigger files on the network.
This was no problem with 10.8.x but with 10.9 it happens after a few hundred megabytes have been moved and all the time. Actually no kernel panic happens, just the system becomes unresponsive.

I read a few thread that had similar problems, but with different network cards,
so I wonder if it is a simple matter of updating the NIC driver or something like that.

Here is my NIC information:

Code:
Typ:    Ethernet-Controller[/FONT]
[FONT=Lucida Grande]  Bus:    PCI[/FONT]
[FONT=Lucida Grande]  Hersteller-ID:    0x8086[/FONT]
[FONT=Lucida Grande]  Geräte-ID:    0x1503[/FONT]
[FONT=Lucida Grande]  Subsystem-Hersteller-ID:    0x1458[/FONT]
[FONT=Lucida Grande]  Subsystem-ID:    0xe000[/FONT]
[FONT=Lucida Grande]  Versions-ID:    0x0004[/FONT]
[FONT=Lucida Grande]  BSD-Name:    en0[/FONT]
[FONT=Lucida Grande]  Kext-Name:    AppleIntelE1000e.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Lucida Grande]  Ort:    /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleIntelE1000e.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Lucida Grande]  Version:    2.5.4[/FONT]

Hope somebody can help me with that.

Thanks!

Hi guys,

the update to Maverick went really smooth, so thanks for this in the first place!
After a while I noticed my customac crashes if I move bigger files on the network.
This was no problem with 10.8.x but with 10.9 it happens after a few hundred megabytes have been moved and all the time. Actually no kernel panic happens, just the system becomes unresponsive.

I read a few thread that had similar problems, but with different network cards,
so I wonder if it is a simple matter of updating the NIC driver or something like that.

Here is my NIC information:

Code:
Typ:    Ethernet-Controller[/FONT]
[FONT=Lucida Grande]  Bus:    PCI[/FONT]
[FONT=Lucida Grande]  Hersteller-ID:    0x8086[/FONT]
[FONT=Lucida Grande]  Geräte-ID:    0x1503[/FONT]
[FONT=Lucida Grande]  Subsystem-Hersteller-ID:    0x1458[/FONT]
[FONT=Lucida Grande]  Subsystem-ID:    0xe000[/FONT]
[FONT=Lucida Grande]  Versions-ID:    0x0004[/FONT]
[FONT=Lucida Grande]  BSD-Name:    en0[/FONT]
[FONT=Lucida Grande]  Kext-Name:    AppleIntelE1000e.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Lucida Grande]  Ort:    /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleIntelE1000e.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Lucida Grande]  Version:    2.5.4[/FONT]

Hope somebody can help me with that.

Thanks!

Try using an older version. I think the latest versions have some issues. Version 2.4.14 seems to be working pretty well for me here.

Thanks for the tip. I tried to move it down to version 2.4.14. That sadly didn´t fix my problem.

hey i need help i got the same mobo up5th i installed mavricks drivers from multibeast boot loader but if i try to boot off of the drive i get boot 0 error if i try to boot off of uni beat stuck at apple screan verbose mode stops at a point but i can only get in thru safe mode can u help

Thank you. I have the same problem, I will try this solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back