Contribute
Register

10.9 First Boot after Install: What should it do/where should it go/what do I need to do? White/Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS P9X79 LE Intel X79 | Kingston HyperX 48GB DDR3 2133 | CoolMax 1000W | H60 Liquid Cooled | SSDs
CPU
i7-4930K | Six Core, 12MB L3 Cache, 3.4GHz | LGA2011
Graphics
Sapphire Radeon R9 270X 4GB GDDR5 DVI-I/DVI-D/HDMI/DP Dual-X with Boost and OC Version
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello Fellas,

I've been wanting to build a Hackintosh for years now, but never took the time to try. With TonyMacX86's hard work and the contributions from everyone, it was time for me to try. I just finished building my computer and thought I'd give it a try.

I've come across many issues, many due to just lack of understanding or ability to really understand. For example, I wanted to do a RAID with my to SSDs. It's not as simple as creating the RAID in BIOS and then following the Guide. After figuring it out the hard way, I figured, let me see if I can even get it to work on a single SSD.

I've gone through the best of my ability and understanding the steps in the 10.9 guide. I was able to get to the last step, "Step 12: Restart computer to complete installation."

In MultiBeast I did select DSDT-Free. The rest of the setting I did save in the documents folder, I just don't know how to get to it since I can't get it to load. From memory, I did select an audio setting, something with 1920x1080 resolution, and a few others.

First simple question is after the last step and restart, is the computer supposed to get to Mavericks Login Screen without me having to do anything else?

Can you let me know what I need to do to make that so, and if not, what should it be like?

This is where I am now. I will leave it here before trying the reinstall again. Thanks in advance!

Regular Boot: Goes to the attached image (Says: "boot0: GPT...lots of gibberish)

View attachment 130001
Restart Computer:

If I select F8 HotKey : Boot from UniBeast USB 10.9 (Created as Instructed by TonyMacX86)
  • Option for USB Installer is shown
  • Option to select where I installed 10.9 is shown
    • I'm very new to this, I think this is called the "Chimera Boot Screen"?
  • Select the "SSD"
    • Grey screen with apple logo is show > Screen Flickers > Loses Resolution and comes back 1/4 the size as a greyish-white screen. - Waited 5-10 minutes and try again after reboot. Same issue ~with HDMI to Projector
    • Tried again with DVI to VGA to LCD > Same Issue.
    • Duplicate screens show the same.

What should I try from here?

Thank you for posting that link. I will given both methods a try :thumbup:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back