Contribute
Register

10.9 - Broadcom BCM57781 - ASRock Z77 Extreme 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
klaphd how did you get USB 3.0 to work? I have the same motherboard Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 (patched bios 2.70), I7 3770K and AMD HD 7850.

klaphd how did you get USB 3.0 to work? I have the same motherboard Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 (patched bios 2.70), I7 3770K and AMD HD 7850.

Likewise... Same specs, but GT 660.

This is my first post here, and I'm not taking any form of cred for getting the Broadcom BCM57781 working, I did a lot of trial and error with various kexts, manually loading them with kextload, until I got the hang of it with touching, chmod, chown, etc etc.

Until I found this post where basically rccollins posted a working link and a shared some light on how to install it with Kext Wizard.

This is how I did it, and got it to work.

1) Download the file, BCM57781.zip, from rccollins: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/1...m57781-asrock-z77-extreme-4-a.html#post686726

2) Unpack BCM57781.zip on your Desktop (or similar), and you should get a file called IONetworkingFamily.kext

3) Download Kext Wizard from http://macdownload.informer.com/kext-wizard/3.7/

4) Backup your original IONetworkingFamily.kext from /System/Library/Extensions

5) Delete your original IONetworkingFamily.kext at /System/Library/Extensions

6) Install Kext Wizard

7) Run Kext Wizard and click on the Installation tab

8) Drag the unpacked IONetworkingFamily.kext to Kext Wizard on the white area-window within Kext Wizard.

9) Click on the radio-button System/Library/Extensions

10) Make sure the target disk is your system boot-disk

11) Click on Install and wait a bit

12) Reboot

13) Open System Preferences > Networking

14) Voila

Please comment / provide feedback should you find any errors or similar.

Thanks goes out to everyone who made it possible for the NIC not to work out of the box but I actually had to spend a couple of hours and learned something new :)

Hi Guys, I know this way in in the past it works perfekt, but I needed to reinstall Mavericks, and now it is no more working. If i press add (+) there only these options:

- VPN
- PPPoE
- 6 to 4

and there´s no location set, I don´t know what to do now.... I did it all with the kext wizzard and repair disk perms reb chache...

Does any one have an idea? :crazy:

Specs:
AMD FX 6300
AMD HD 7950
Asrock Extreme 3 990 FX AMD chipset / Network Chip Broadcom BCM57781
8 GB Ram
5000 GB Sata 3 HDD

Hi Guys, I know this way in in the past it works perfekt, but I needed to reinstall Mavericks, and now it is no more working. If i press add (+) there only these options:

- VPN
- PPPoE
- 6 to 4

and there´s no location set, I don´t know what to do now.... I did it all with the kext wizzard and repair disk perms reb chache...

Does any one have an idea? :crazy:

Specs:
AMD FX 6300
AMD HD 7950
Asrock Extreme 3 990 FX AMD chipset / Network Chip Broadcom BCM57781
8 GB Ram
5000 GB Sata 3 HDD

lol AMD CPUs aren't supported in Tony's guide. If the kext in this thread doesn't work then I wouldn't know what would for your system.

Thanks a lot, it works perfectly

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: :crazy::crazy::crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back