Mobile Phone
  1. 0
My System Specs:
Mainboard: ASRock z77 Extreme 4
CPU: i5 3570k
GFX: ASUS GTX 460 (HD 4000 is the IGPU)
Memory: 8 Gig

The issue: No network devices show up

I Got 10.9 installed and working, but network is not working.
I Had network working on 10.8.3 using a kext that I can not figure out where I got it from. I tried installing the kext again for 10.9 but it does not work. Does anyone know of a working kext for the Broadcom BCM57781 on 10.9?

Please let me know if you would like to see boot log or anything and I can post.

I have the same motherboard, this will fix it....

Attachments

• BCM57781.zip
    733.3 KB · Views: 4,325
I've been using that same kext to try to get mine working but couldn't. I have the same asrock z77 extreme4 motherboard on OS 10.9 with a patched BIOS (2.90).
For the most part I've been using stock BIOS settings with only the IGP memory turned down to 32MB. Are there some other settings I might be missing? I've gotten everything else to work and the networking is the only thing that needs a custom kext.
Also do I need to boot into safe mode to install it or not?

Install that kext with kext wizard, maybe repair permissions and rebuild cache with kext wizard too.

I've been using that same kext to try to get mine working but couldn't. I have the same asrock z77 extreme4 motherboard on OS 10.9 with a patched BIOS (2.90).
For the most part I've been using stock BIOS settings with only the IGP memory turned down to 32MB. Are there some other settings I might be missing? I've gotten everything else to work and the networking is the only thing that needs a custom kext.
Also do I need to boot into safe mode to install it or not?

IvantheDugtrio - Where did you get the 2.90 patched BIOS for the AsRock Z77 Extreme4 board? I have only been able to find the 2.70 ... Also, are you having issues with sleep/wake? I have reinstalled several times and selected different options in MultiBeast (along with the patched 2.7 BIOS, but nothing seems to work).

I think you can mod it by yourself. I've updated the bios with a modded one last year, everything works fine, even sleep n wake (it didn't with ML), usb 3.0....so I'll stay with this one i've :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back