Contribute
Register

[10.9 - Bluetooth] CSR8510 A10 not recognised as bluetooth

Status
Not open for further replies.
CSR8510 A10:
Product ID: 0x0001
Vendor ID: 0x0a12 (Cambridge Silicon Radio Ltd.)
Version: 25.20
Speed: Up to 12 Mb/s
Location ID: 0x14100000 / 2
Current Available (mA): 500
Current Required (mA): 100
Extra Operating Current (mA): 0

any one fix this problems?

I have this exact same problem right now...
none of my local computer stores carry any adapters that are mac compatible.
i really need to solve this problem by monday :/ so amazon won't save me :(

I bought one, however it is very problematic. It is booting in HCI mode, but none of the devices stay connected.

Finally I had got it working with (at least) OS X Mavericks.

For the story, CSR8510 A10 chip is a dual-mode chip. On your dongle, and mine ("It Works" - Micro Bluetooth 4.0 USB Adapter from Darty in France), the dongle boot in HID mode by default (VID 0A12 PID 100B). Even with a Linux computer, i could'nt get the dongle to work in HCI mode (Bluetooth mode so - VID 0A12 PID 0001).

If you have a computer that is running Windows (7 - 64bits for me) you can modify the "initial device bootmode".

To change the device bootmode :

1. Download the BlueSuite to modifiy "BlueCore Persistent Store" : http://www.kcwirefree.com/docs/BlueSuite_2_5.zip
  2. Unplug your Bluetooth dongle
  3. Install the BlueSuite Software (default options)
  4. Plug your Bluetooth dongle in another port than previously
  5. Run CSR BlueSuite 2.5.0 / PSTool as Administrator
  6. With the first window : Choose Transport = USB then Port = \\.\csr0 and click OK
  7. In the Filter box, type bootmode then click on the item "Initial device bootmode"
  8. Note the hex number in case something goes wrong (mine was 0002), then change to 0000
  9. Click on the Set button then click on the Close
  10. Wait some seconds then unplug your Bluetooth dongle.
Finally, run your OS X with the dongle plugged-in and your Bluetooth dongle will now work out of the box :)

With this modification, your Bluetooth dongle, will always start in HCI mode.

Some information about the dual-mode in Bluetooth USB : http://www.ie.ksu.edu.tw/data/bluetooth/28/docs/hid_dual_boot_dongle.html

Hope it will work for you too.
Hello,
I wanted to change my generic CSR8510 BT USB dongle to HID Proxy mode using BlueSuite 2.6.6 Sadly after changing the "Initial device bootmode" flag it becomes dead. Absolutely no sign of life. It isn't discovered by the OS (OSX or Windows) as if it was completely dead. Is there any way to bring it back to life? I have 2 dead dongles lying around.

crs.jpg

Best regards,

Hello.
I followed the advice on how to start the dongle in hci mode and now the mac sees it. However, there is a problem that I have also encountered with android phones. The problem is on the pairing because it seems that they are associated in fact I am asked for the number but in reality they do not and even sending a simple file it tells me disconnected

what could be that doesn't work for not pairing?

I get the application was unable to find a lookuptable on the chip? When I choose port usb and clicked okay. What does that mean? The dongle is recognized in the usb port but isnt recognized as bluetooth dv.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back