1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
same problem...
it works for a couple of times since bluetooth name was equal to Hackintosh name...
After disconnected and reconnected the bluetooth name is CSR8510 A10... no device can connect to host

Finally I had got it working with (at least) OS X Mavericks.

For the story, CSR8510 A10 chip is a dual-mode chip. On your dongle, and mine ("It Works" - Micro Bluetooth 4.0 USB Adapter from Darty in France), the dongle boot in HID mode by default (VID 0A12 PID 100B). Even with a Linux computer, i could'nt get the dongle to work in HCI mode (Bluetooth mode so - VID 0A12 PID 0001).

If you have a computer that is running Windows (7 - 64bits for me) you can modify the "initial device bootmode".

To change the device bootmode :

1. Download the BlueSuite to modifiy "BlueCore Persistent Store" : http://www.kcwirefree.com/docs/BlueSuite_2_5.zip
  2. Unplug your Bluetooth dongle
  3. Install the BlueSuite Software (default options)
  4. Plug your Bluetooth dongle in another port than previously
  5. Run CSR BlueSuite 2.5.0 / PSTool as Administrator
  6. With the first window : Choose Transport = USB then Port = \\.\csr0 and click OK
  7. In the Filter box, type bootmode then click on the item "Initial device bootmode"
  8. Note the hex number in case something goes wrong (mine was 0002), then change to 0000
  9. Click on the Set button then click on the Close button
  10. Wait some seconds then unplug your Bluetooth dongle.
Finally, run your OS X with the dongle plugged-in and your Bluetooth dongle will now work out of the box :)

With this modification, your Bluetooth dongle, will always start in HCI mode.

Some information about the dual-mode in Bluetooth USB : http://www.ie.ksu.edu.tw/data/bluetooth/28/docs/hid_dual_boot_dongle.html

Hope it will work for you too.

Finally I had got it working with (at least) OS X Mavericks.

For the story, CSR8510 A10 chip is a dual-mode chip. On your dongle, and mine ("It Works" - Micro Bluetooth 4.0 USB Adapter from Darty in France), the dongle boot in HID mode by default (VID 0A12 PID 100B). Even with a Linux computer, i could'nt get the dongle to work in HCI mode (Bluetooth mode so - VID 0A12 PID 0001).

If you have a computer that is running Windows (7 - 64bits for me) you can modify the "initial device bootmode".

To change the device bootmode :

1. Download the BlueSuite to modifiy "BlueCore Persistent Store" : http://www.kcwirefree.com/docs/BlueSuite_2_5.zip
  2. Unplug your Bluetooth dongle
  3. Install the BlueSuite Software (default options)
  4. Plug your Bluetooth dongle in another port than previously
  5. Run CSR BlueSuite 2.5.0 / PSTool as Administrator
  6. With the first window : Choose Transport = USB then Port = \\.\csr0 and click OK
  7. In the Filter box, type bootmode then click on the item "Initial device bootmode"
  8. Note the hex number in case something goes wrong (mine was 0002), then change to 0000
  9. Click on the Set button then click on the Close button
  10. Wait some seconds then unplug your Bluetooth dongle.
Finally, run your OS X with the dongle plugged-in and your Bluetooth dongle will now work out of the box :)

With this modification, your Bluetooth dongle, will always start in HCI mode.

Some information about the dual-mode in Bluetooth USB : http://www.ie.ksu.edu.tw/data/bluetooth/28/docs/hid_dual_boot_dongle.html

Hope it will work for you too.

Hi,

I have the same Problem.
I also have the CSR8510 A10 and The Product ID is 0x0001

I did all the steps above using my Win8.1Pro but I cannot write the 0000 to this device.
(PSTool was started with Admin Rights right click run as Admin)

In the menu bar of PSTool, I can see 8 different boot modes
If setting the 0000 is not possible for me, is it also okay to use a boot mode from the menue? Which one should I take?

Is it possible to create a short screenshot documentation?

That would be great!

Thanks

merlin

thanks a lot, worked like a charm :)
yosemite 10.10.1

I tried that method but it did not work. I have windows 10 so I am not sure it will compatible with it or not. I am getting communication error .

I have some problem with the dongle SITECOM CN-524 that is based on the same chip:

CSR8510 A10 (Cambridge Silicon Radio)

I tried the method above but i still not solved the nightmare: Always i power on,need to reparing my keyboard and mouse,booth Apple device's working in bluetooth of course.

Any help would be great...Thank's in advance

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 970
Instructions provided on post #4 worked fine for me. Mac recognises device at boot time and I'm able to pair other devices.

I used WMWare Fusion to override firmware setting. You have to disable bluetooth sharing on machine and then assign it to Winfows. PTool works fine then to override firmware settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back