Contribute
Register

10.9 Bluetooth CSR BC4

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I upgraded my system to 10.9.2, I could not longer get my Hackintosh to pair with my Apple Magic Mouse or Trackpad. After fighting with it for several days and trying numerous suggestions (some just shy of witch dances), I had a flash of insight.

I reset the CMOS on my motherboard (GA-Z87N-WIFI) and did a fresh install. Viola - bluetooth worked right away. I probably didn't need to do the fresh install, but at least I know I have a clean system.

Hope this helps somebody...

I have this USB dongle and can happily say that it worked for me running 10.9.2.
All i did was to remove
bluetooth.plist from /Library/Preferences.

Happy hacking!

i managed to fix this . not sure if it work for you. i deleted bluetooth.plist and network interfaces.plist. Ran kext wizard and fixed permissions and cache then rebooted. When back in mavericks the the bluetooth module had changed from searching for devices on CSR Bc4 to the mac's name and was able to find my bluetooth devices. Hope it helps.

Info.pli was untouched.

Thanks for this...solved my problem
All I had to do was removed bluetooth.plist and rebuilt sys cache. Funny thing though, It has always worked on all upgrades, 10.8 through 10.9.2. It stopped yesterday in mid-session. Thanks again!

I have this USB dongle and can happily say that it worked for me running 10.9.2.
All i did was to remove
bluetooth.plist from /Library/Preferences.

Happy hacking!

Thanks man. It saved me. Just works. For people trying to solve this problem, I will leave the knowledge I've got researching web.

//------------

Bluetooth FIX

Remove “com.apple.Bluetooth.plist” from /Library/Preferences and restart.

If you have more than 1 bluetooth device, use Apple’s “Hardware IO Tools for Xcode” to select which one you will use. To do that, open Bluetooth Explorer and in the Tools menu, select HCI Controller Selector.

Note that some Bluetooth Dongles doesn’t work in USB 3.0. Try to connect it in USB 2.0.

If you change the USB port, (from frontal to rear for example) you’ll have to do the procedure again.

Thanks for the tip,

just deleting com.apple.bluetooth.plist in /Library/Preferences and then restarting fixed my CSR BC4 device in Mavericks 10.9.4. Following other threads here I believed that in OSX 10.9 bluetooth audio support was changed. But this is NOT true! Also no need to change/fix any other plist.

The CSR BC4 bluetooth usb adapter device fully works also in 10.9.4 Mavericks.

WOWW VERY HELPFUL MANN!!
THANK YOU SOO MUCH

this delete com.bluetooth. from preferences have solved my csr bluetooth problem

anyway i'm using cliptec 4.0 and it worked very well

OSX 10.9.4 CSR4.0. Usb bluetooth. Sometimes It only recognise hardware but it not work. It could not find other bluetooth device and also could not be found by other bluetooth devices. I just remove /Library/Preferences/com.apple.Bluetooth.plist and reboot. And It starts works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back