Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z87M-D3H
CPU
i5-4670K
Graphics
GTX 650
Guys help me please! I have 10.9 and this is info from profiler. Bluetooth shows in menu, but won't discover anything or turn off.
Hardware Settings:
Address: 00-15-83-44-38-04
Manufacturer: Cambridge Silicon Radio
Name: time
Firmware Version: 5276
Bluetooth Power: On
Discoverable: On
Connectable: Yes
Auto Seek Keyboard: On
Auto Seek Pointing: On
Remote wake: On
Vendor ID: 0x0A12
Product ID: 0x0001
HCI Version: 0x4
HCI Revision: 0x149C
LMP Version: 0x4
LMP Subversion: 0x149C
Device Type (Major): Computer
Device Type (Complete): Mac Desktop
Composite Class Of Device: 0x380104
Device Class (Major): 0x01
Device Class (Minor): 0x01
Service Class: 0x1C0
Had it working on SL oob. It's built in in my case, i don't want to buy a new plug, please help; also, in console when tryiung to turn off:
kernel[0]: **** [IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][setPowerStateWL] -- PerformPowerStateChange() failed: 0xE00002BC (kIOReturnError) -- powerStateOrdinal = OFF, mCurrentInternalPowerState = ON -> mPendingInternalPowerState = OFF -- 0x1400 ****
And unmodified section where my controller is listed (/IOBluetoothFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/CSRBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport.kext/Contents/Info.plist)
<key>CSRUSBBluetoothHCIController</key>
<dict>
<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
<string>com.apple.iokit.CSRBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport</string>
<key>IOClass</key>
<string>CSRBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport</string>
<key>IOProviderClass</key>
<string>IOUSBDevice</string>
<key>idProduct</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>idVendor</key>
<integer>2578</integer>

exact same problem here!

Problem solved buying broadcom dongle for 2$. Tweaked broadcom kext inside iobluetooth, and everything works fine. Also got rid of card reader and annoying boot:bla bla message on startup, no need setting anything to cdrom now

i managed to fix this . not sure if it work for you. i deleted bluetooth.plist and network interfaces.plist. Ran kext wizard and fixed permissions and cache then rebooted. When back in mavericks the the bluetooth module had changed from searching for devices on CSR Bc4 to the mac's name and was able to find my bluetooth devices. Hope it helps.

Info.pli was untouched.

Hi

Do you mind helping out? I am a newbie and am not sure how to follow your steps:

1- This is OK- deleted bluetooth.plist and network interfaces.plist.
2- What is this and where did you get it? kext wizard
3- Is this from the disk utility? fixed permissions and cache then rebooted.

I really appreciate your help. I would really like to get bluetooth working.

Thnx

i managed to fix this . not sure if it work for you. i deleted bluetooth.plist and network interfaces.plist. Ran kext wizard and fixed permissions and cache then rebooted. When back in mavericks the the bluetooth module had changed from searching for devices on CSR Bc4 to the mac's name and was able to find my bluetooth devices. Hope it helps.

Info.pli was untouched.

Thks dammynoobie.. solve regarding bluetooth device..my Apple Trackpad was able to find and working also my speaker too (SonicGear Pandora Bluetooth).. I'm using CLiPtec® Bluetooth V4.0 +EDR RSV939 Nano Dongle and following your menthol and its work. Tq again :)

Info.pli was untouched.
That works, thank you.

But I have a problem: after reboot all devices must be paired again. This is especially difficult when the keyboard is apple bluetooth.

I will try to buy Broadcom-based dongle and test it.

Info.pli was untouched.

hi, where are these bluetooth.plist and network interfaces.plist files located? could you help me locate them?

I actually got into bluetooth not working after 10.9.1 update, is it same with you. It was working fine on 10.9.0 though..

I managed to make it work.
Deleted bluetooth.plist network interfaces.plist
and from ~ Library/Preferences everything bluetooth related. From the same place, open ByHost folder and deleted everything with the word bluetooth there. Restart and pray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back