Register

10.9 asus g60vx laptop cpus=1 nvidia gtx260m- no hdmi/hdmi freezes os

Motherboard
ASUS G60VX laptop
CPU
P7450
Graphics
GeForce 260m
Hello everyone, i have successfully installed osx mavericks booting with chameleon and have full graphics acceleration, wireless(with usb) and audio.
My main problem that whenever i connect a display to my hdmi port it freezes osx. and i still need to boot with cpu=1 any ideas?
Ive tried graphicsenabler=yes/no installing web drivers (which i dont think the gtx250 needs) and a combination of boot flags
I can load vanilla wow on max settings and it runs perfectly at 105 fps, so graphics work otherwise

• Intel Core 2 Duo P7450 (2.13 GHz)
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M- displays properly is about this mac
  • Sytem shows as early 2008 mac pro

Last edited:
Motherboard
ASUS G60VX laptop
CPU
P7450
Graphics
GeForce 260m
so i discovered the webdriver only works with10.9.5 and i am running 10.9 updateing from app store and if that doesnt work i will try installing 10.10. i have everything else working well so hopefully i can figure this out, i wasnt booting with graphicsenabler=yes but there was a line in the chameleon plist that had the option on, i changed it from yes to no and osx loaded fully but to a black screen. changed it back to "yes" and i could get back to my os

Motherboard
ASUS G60VX laptop
CPU
P7450
Graphics
GeForce 260m
ok so i discovered that i had to search for the nvidia web drivers by build number (im using 13f34)
installed web drivers, hdmi still makes system freeze as before

Motherboard
ASUS G60VX laptop
CPU
P7450
Graphics
GeForce 260m
Heres my current chameleon boot plist. nvidia web drivers installed controll panel shows up and says its enabled still no hdmi
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>-v cpus=1 darkwake=0 dart=0 nvda_drv=1</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>