EVGA 02G-P4-2645-KR NVIDIA GeForce GT 640
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Greetings,

Wanted to share my experience installing the update 2015-007 from Apple in hopes that it will help someone.

Hate to admit it "B U T", Sunday, 10/25/2015, I absentmindedly selected to install the latest update from Apple from the popup windows. The system has been running for quite a while with out a flaw, so what could go wrong? And, of course, the obligatory OS X Hackentosh mayhem ensued. No audio, limited video, nothing clear in the log files. At least the system booted without an issue. The good news is that today, (do to another poster who showed the way), all is well in my hackentosh'ed Mavericks world.

Here is how it went down:
Synopsis: If you are experiencing similar issues, AND you installed the update from the network try this:
1. Download the patch from Apple
2. Repair permissions on the OS drive
3. Install the update from the patch file
4. Run the latest version of Multibeast for your install
5. Repair permissions again, because from what I understand it doesn't hurt
6. Reboot

The details:
1. I began with a perfectly running Mavericks OS X install, been that way for 3 years now. The specs are below
Mac build - late 2012
MB - Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H
MEM - 8GB DDR3 PC3-12800
Audio - Realtek ACH887
CPU - i5 3570K Ivy Bridge
GPU - EVGA GeForce GT 640 2GB
OS Drive - Samsung 128GB SSD
Data Drive - Seagate SATA 6 1TB
2. Installed 2015-007 update from the popup, (not from a downloaded patch file), and ran Multibeast 6.5.0.
3. No audio and degraded graphics, which means I could not view videos and the screen was jumpy with sites like facebook or linkedin.
4. Open browser to tonymacx86.com to search for a solution.
5. While there download the latest Mulitbeast 6.5.1.
6. Reran Multibeast, making the proper selections, (being sure to include USB 3.0) and reboot.
7. Audio still a no op, and graphics still degraded.
8. Came across lots of good stuff on the site that in the end were rabbit holes for my specific issue.
9. Read where a user had the same problems after installing from the network, repaired permissions then reinstalled from a downloaded file and all was corrected.
10. Went through the steps as outlined in the Synopsis above.
11. System now fully functional.

Whew - dodged a bullet. I think it's time to plan the move to el Capitan.

Hope this is helpful.

thanx, I correct the audio problem~

I am using the same MB, ran the 2015-007 update, and ran into a similar issue: I have graphics, but sound shuts down after sleep. I went through the process of repairing permissions, etc, but I still lose sound after sleep. :banghead:

Any other suggestions as to what else I could try?

Update: the audio goes out when it sleeps, but then at least some of the time it inexplicably comes back on. Any thoughts?

Okay, I may have stumbled onto a process that works. I have sound and do not lose sound after sleep. It's odd, but here is what I did.

1. Ran Multibeast 7.5 Yosemite, selecting only the ALC889 driver, build and install. Reboot, no sound.
2. Ran Multibeast 6.1 Mavericks, selecting only the ALC889 driver without DSDT, build and install. Reboot, sound!!

If you try this process be sure you know what you are doing when you run Multibeast 7.5 Yosemite on your Mavericks system as this is not generally recommended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back