Contribute
Register

10.9.5 - Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H - i7 4790k - GTX 760 - 16GB (Stable&Smooth)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Mavericks 10.9.5
CPU
Intel i7 4790k
Graphics
MSI GTX 760 2GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,

Thanks for all the support, i managed to get my Hackintosh working on Mavericks 10.9.5!

Here is a small guide, sorry for my bad englisch :crazy:

My Hackintosh runs OS X 10.9.5 absolutely stable and smooth. :headbang:
I am actually running Geekbench 3 Stresstest (24h)since 1 hour with no freezes!

Everything works ( Sleep, Sound , Ethernet...). T haven´t tried out iMessage and Facetime because i don´t use it.

The only issue is, that there is no sound after sleep, has anyone any idea to solve this problem???

Here is my Hardware:

Mac G5 Case
Intel i7 4790k
MSI GTX 760
Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H
16GB (2x8GB) Crucial Ballistix Sport
512GB MX100 Crucial SSD

First of all I created a USB Boot Stick with Unibeat. (Just follow the Mavericks Guide in the Forum).

Important: Install OSX only with 1 RAM Stick.

After that, i setup my Motherboard BIOS:

-Load Optimised Defaults
-Advanced Memory Settings: STANDART! (XMP Profile 1 causes me deadbeef boot error)
-VT-d: disabled
-XHCI Mode: Auto
-Intel Processor Graphic: Disabled
-EHCI Hand-Off: Enabled
-XHCI Hand-Off: Enabled
-SATA Configuration: AHCI
Finally boot into OS X installer with the following boot flags: " -x -v -no -zp maxmem=4096"
Format the SSD (or whatever your use) with the disk utility, then unmount(deactivate) it with disk utility.
Start Terminal and type the following command: dd if=/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk0s2
(Thanks to boot0 Error Guide)

Now finish the installation. Then -> Restart

Press F12 and choose your USB Boot Stick again. After a few Second you can choose between the SSD and the USB Stick, choose SSD and boot with the same flags as above.

Your Mac should now boot into OSX. -> Start Multibeat and select the following things:

mb.jpeg

Save the config, click install and reboot the System when Multibeast finished.

Finally choose your SSD and your System should boot fine now!

After all you can put your extra RAM sticks back.

If your have Questions -> ask me!

Here are some Geekbench results:

32bit:

32.jpeg

64bit:

64.jpeg

Hey man, Thanks for this! you are running a setup 90% to what i want to build mine from and this will help alot, thank you.

jopihabich,
The Forum doesn't display .tiff files. I recommend you re-save them as jpg or png files, upload to your Profile's Album section and use the Album picture links in your original post. :thumbup:

Hey man, Thanks for this! you are running a setup 90% to what i want to build mine from and this will help alot, thank you.

Whats your setup?

I would recommend to uncheck Generate CPU States and Use KernalCache like i did it in my Guide.

My System is running since 3 Days without freezing or something. :headbang:

Greets from Austria!

im going for black edition of either your board or the 5/bk.

im hoping that your settings will be the same for either the boards, i choose, hope so :)

will give that a try thanks!

greetings from UK!

Should work with the settings, just do it exactly like i did it and you will get a perfect working and stable Hackintosh.

You should also buy a USB Audio Adapter (10-20 $) because Sound after Sleep is not working, that´s a known issue.

Good Luck!

Will do :thumbup:

Thanks for the heads up on that, luckly i already have a USB audio in/out stick :)

will report back when bts arrive and built.

Not work Audio for me.
Same configuration, audio card is not recognized.

Any solution ?

BIOS Settings? Multibeast Settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back