Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Other
Hi,

I have a kernel panic and freeze after new install of 10.9.4

My hardware is a GA-Z87-D3H, I7 4790K, Samsung 840 EVO 250 SSD, Cruscial Ballistix Sports XT 2x8 GB (1x8 GB installed for installation in slot one) and Cooler Master Seidon 120V to keep it cool.

So i am using the Intel Graphics HD 4600. Connected by DVI.

This is my first Hackintosh so i dit everything exactly as in the installation guide.

I get the same kernel panic every time. Tried several boot flags and even tried reinstalling it several times using different MultiBeast settings. After that i tried installing it not on the SSD but on a WD black 3TB. Same problem. I also updated my motherboard BIOS to a BETA F9C. Same problem.

So i cant boot from the SSD, USB, HDD.. all the same

See picture: 20140904_001142.jpg

English is not my native language. I'm from the Netherlands. Hope its not to bad!

Please help me out :)

Please list all the bios settings that you changed and the choices that you
selected in multibeast when you ran that.

BIOS settings are:

Optimized Defaults.
X.M.P. Memory Profile to Profile1,
VT-d disabled.

Updated BIOS from F8 to F9c.

MultiBeast settings are right now like in the picture. I found the settings recommended by someone on the forum.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 143
Under the peripherals tab in the bios check that init display first is set to IGFX
and that XHCI mode is set to auto instead of smart auto. Report back what happens.

Under the peripherals tab in the bios check that init display first is set to IGFX
and that XHCI mode is set to auto instead of smart auto. Report back what happens.

Did it.

Exact same problem.

Did it.

Exact same problem.

Then the problem is definitely the 4790K. Some have disabled turbo boost to
get it to work. Some have installed without kernel cache or you can use the
usekernelcache=no boot flag to see if that makes a difference. Use search
to learn more about the problems with the 4790K.

Hi!

same problem here...

X.M.P. Memory Profile to Profile1 is causing kernel panics in my GA-Z87X-UD3H...
Solved this disabling it... Im using Gskill Ripjaws 2x8 1600, they work fine at 1333... Weird because everybody recommends it,

I hope it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back