Contribute
Register

10.9.3 update may create hybrid GPT/MBR partitioned disk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Note that my update on this machine was a bit rocky...

I allowed it to "Update All" (iTunes update + 10.9.3). First boot through, iTunes failed to "validate", so it didn't do anything. Second update attempt was 10.9.3. It rebooted twice. Once after the normal update process and a second time into what looked like the OS X installer! Finally it rebooted back into OS X with 10.9.3 and I was able to install the iTunes update. I think somewhere in that second OS X installer process was where it decided to "fix" my partition table (after all, real Macs need a hybrid for Windows, as real Macs don't support Windows in UEFI).

My Lenovo u430... same config (Windows UEFI, pure GPT, Clover)... didn't have this issue.

I'm about to see what happens with my 4530s. Edit: No problem on the 4530s. I did not apply iTunes update at the same time as the 10.9.3, so maybe that was the difference.

In my case everything worked fine , but following your suggestion first i installed the iTunes update , and then the 10.9.3 . Windows boots fine and only one restart needed , so you were right about your assumptions

i also installed itunes and osx 10.9.3 on a probook with uefi win, no problems.
And yes it rebooted twice, first the normal update installer and then a installer which looks like the osx installer, but no problems

Hi RM, do you have any tutorial to install dual boot OSX/Ubuntu on Clover UEFI?

Hi RM, do you have any tutorial to install dual boot OSX/Ubuntu on Clover UEFI?

I haven't played with Ubuntu UEFI yet. I may eventually, but don't really have any use for Ubuntu on my HDD, when I can run it from USB when needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back