Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP EliteBook_8x0G1
CPU
i7-4600U
Graphics
HD 4400, 1366 x 768
[SOLVED] 10.8.x 4x30s App Store "An unknown error has occurred"

Just tried to sign into the app store on my pro book but i get the above issue. Has anyone esle using probook hackintoshes got this same issue?

UPDATE: MAKE SURE ETHERNET KEXT IS ALSO INSTALLED, even if you dont use ethernet lan.

Just tried to sign into the app store on my pro book but i get the above issue. Has anyone esle using probook hackintoshes got this same issue?

I think this can sometimes be caused by network configuration. Check:

- EthernetBuiltIn=Yes in org.chameleon.Boot.plist
- check that ethernet is en0 in System Report

Also there can be problems depending on serial#... I had that issue early on with accessing iCloud. If I remember right, there is a function to generate serial# in Chameleon Wizard.

I think this can sometimes be caused by network configuration. Check:

- EthernetBuiltIn=Yes in org.chameleon.Boot.plist
- check that ethernet is en0 in System Report

Also there can be problems depending on serial#... I had that issue early on with accessing iCloud. If I remember right, there is a function to generate serial# in Chameleon Wizard.

i've done all the above. still not working.

itunes works

tried using ethernet lan, not working
tried using usb wifi, not working.

tried delete networking plist file, not working
and tried most of the fixes on other webs, and not working. sigh.

it may be the serial since unibeast doesnt generate a random different one for each install, and on the server it looks like a ddos on the server from multiple locatoins, with the same serial for those that didnt change their serial?

It's Apple's fault, lots and lots of people are experiencing update problems right now. (iPhoto and Safari latest updates)

cool.

i see in your signature, you got 100% working flawless? lhs usb3 working ok? hd webcam?

i've done all the above. still not working.

itunes works

tried using ethernet lan, not working
tried using usb wifi, not working.

tried delete networking plist file, not working
and tried most of the fixes on other webs, and not working. sigh.

it may be the serial since unibeast doesnt generate a random different one for each install, and on the server it looks like a ddos on the server from multiple locatoins, with the same serial for those that didnt change their serial?

on a couple of my hacks, i've had to:

delete all the network devices from system prefs--network (both the ethernet devices and wifi devices)

delete the networkinterfaces.plist file

using chameleon wizard, change the serial number in smbios

reboot

re-add the ethernet and wifi devices

for one particularly recalcitrant hack, i needed to do the above, then in addition, copied an smbios.plist from a hack where app store was working into the hack where app store wouldn't work, then rebooted.

ken

mine was working fine until I said YES to an app store update.

so searching through the many posts about this problem i stumbled along a solution that worked for me. it meant deleting the wifi, ethernet, and bluetooth from the network tab and reinstalling them. apparently the ethernet from my board (0 and 1) were causing the problems. I was told that it needed to be ethernet 0 and wifi 1. Followed the instructions and disabled the 2nd ethernet from the bios and rebooted. I logged back into the app store and no problems. HOWEVER my wifi is still coded as number "2" so I am not sure that was the real problem. for whatever it's worth give it a shot.

so searching through the many posts about this problem i stumbled along a solution that worked for me. it meant deleting the wifi, ethernet, and bluetooth from the network tab and reinstalling them. apparently the ethernet from my board (0 and 1) were causing the problems. I was told that it needed to be ethernet 0 and wifi 1. Followed the instructions and disabled the 2nd ethernet from the bios and rebooted. I logged back into the app store and no problems. HOWEVER my wifi is still coded as number "2" so I am not sure that was the real problem. for whatever it's worth give it a shot.

i used to have this issue, pre 10.8.2. maybe it was a combo of both the updated probook installer. are you on 10.8.2?

Try going into network preferences and deleting the physical connections on the left by clicking the '-' icon. Then add the ethernet followed by wifi. If that does not work, delete /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist and reboot.

Try running EFI Studio and getting the hex for your ethernet port. It should be a very long string. Then paste it into org.chameleon.Boot.plist. Like this:

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>device-properties</key>
<string>4b00000001000000010000003f0000000100000002010c00d041030a0000000001010600051c0101060000007fff0400160000006200750069006c0074002d0069006e0000000500000001</string>

I know it might not work, but worth a try.

I've tried this, and also deleting the files out of the /Lib./Pref/Sys/ and everytime I reboot I get a kernel panic on Ethernet, I then have to put them back or delete the string out of the org.chameleon.Boot.plist

Ethernet works fine otherwise. I don't have wireless, just Bluetooth.

Any suggestions?
Mainboard: ASRock z77 Extreme 4
CPU: i5-3570k Ivy
GPU: ASUS GTX 460

I think the lan is Broadcom, ill have to check when I get home if this is needed to know

Running 10.8 (Tried to upgrade to 10.8.3, but getting to many issues with the HD4000(which I can't disable in bios) and the ASUS GTX 460, I got it to work but I had to remove the HD3000/4000 kext, but then I could not get open GL to work)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back