Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
10.8 Install on Z68X-UD3H-B3 F10 / 5770 / i7 2600k

The story so far.

• USB install created with TonyMac UniBeast method - all working fine.
• Clean install onto blank HDD - success.
• First boot attempt after install timed out at 'ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin...'
- Reboot into my 10.7.4 drive and install Fake SMC from Multibeast.
- Reboot into 10.8 drive and succes.
• Run MultiBeast with the following settings:

ScreenShot2012-07-30at110938.png

ScreenShot2012-07-30at110958.png

Audio took some trial and error to get working, Ethernet drivers are the release version.

So far:

• Audio working fine
• Graphics fine - full res, QE working etc
• Geek Bench score as expected
• P-States verified with HW Monitor app

Sleep and wake works, CMOS resets though, even after the patch from MultiBeast and running the old school way through Terminal, will research more later.

I did run into a strange problem after installing onto another spare HDD where boot would hang at:

USBMSC Identifier (Non-Unique): 0x5e3 0x723 0x9451
ITEIT87x:Found ITE ITE728f

Some googling returned a fix for the USBMSC with a kext, this worked on my initial install but not on the latter?
The OS will boot with the above errors, just a worrying hang at Boot.

Needless to say that drive is wiped and I'm now using my original install as a base to work on.

This machine is my work horse so I will not be moving from 10.7.4 until I'm 100% happy.

Sleep fix and migration assistant fun time await.

good work

Keep up the good work. I have similar specification as you so Im keeping an eye on your thread to see if i can solve my problem. My lion installation has failed and ive been trying to reinstall the system 7 times (8th time now) without success. I manage to install 10.6.3 off the retail dvd but after that i cannot reboot into the system. 10.6.8 combo has crashed the system, the lion app install has crashed the system and will not boot back into the system. How many reboots etc. can a computer handle (ive never had to force reboot the computer so many times).

i dont understand how it can boot in once using the iboot but cannot boot in after.

I must be missing something.

Thanks for the info. Please let us know if you find it 100% stable and worth the upgrade. I have the same motherboard with AMD 6870. Do you know if upgrade is possible instead of a clean install?

Are you using the new UEFI BIOS ?

Got some very annoying and bizzare problems with 10.8.1 (started with 10.8).

• System hang, cannot command + tab between apps, apps still running in the dock but cannot select, force quite shows no running apps including the finder, after a few minutes the OS will log out, log back in and everything appears to be fine?

- Tried an erase and install to no avail, have restored from a Time Machine backup so if it continues and 10.8.2 does not help, clean install and no migration it will be :(

- Graphics glitches on either monitor - I get a single pixel line about 500px in width, it's <1% of the time I use the machine but still an annoyance.

10.8 so far has been nothing but a pain, 10.7 was far more stable.

To answer the old questions I never responded to (sorry)

• Still running Awards BIOS and not UEFi - read up on too many problems with speed stepping.
• I'd day the build is 95% stable, I'm on it anywhere between 8 and 12 hours a day.

Thanks

Erase and install last night, Twitter confirmed 10.8.2 dropped just as I finished, convenient?

- Clean install of 10.8
- Combo update to 10.8.2
- DSDT and Multibeast, reboot
- Still hangs at the 'USBMSC error, but continues after 20 seconds or so
- FAKE SMC (Oemsmbios) results in KP so removed FAKE SMC reboot, re-install and remove Oemsmbios from FAKE SMC package, then reboot.
- Up and running

See how it goes now.

Must say I'm getting increasingly sick of having to trouble shoot ML so much, if I had the money Mac Pro time it would be.

If.

After 4 erase and installs I hope I'm know left with a stable build again. Jinx.

Installing iStat Menus more or less led to immediate system hangs, completely locked out, no pointer, nothing.

Had some more errors with Time Machine not backing up, illegal error with com.apple.backupd - another erase solved that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back