Contribute
Register

10.8 Install on Z68X-UD3H-B3 F10 / 5770 / i72600k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love your build instructions. I just have one question. Since the newer versions of multi beast have been released the audio sections have changed. Do you know what they settings would be for those? Thanks again

Hey, sorry for the slow reply.

I use:

Audio > Realtek ALC8xx > With DSDT > ALC889

----------------------

Plagued with problems at the minute:

• Freezes, finder dies, everything dies but the system keeps on running.
• K/Panics

The hard shutdowns and restarts are playing havoc with my Time Machine drives 'invalid node structure' happens far too often, similar with my boot/OS SSD also.

I still have some artifact issues so I cannot rule a faulty card out yet, in all honesty I'm pretty sick of it if I could afford a decent Mac Pro replacement I'd do it without hesitation.

Did test a quad on a recent trip to London (Regent St store) and it scored a lot lower in Geekbench than this, around 9000, bet it's a lot more stable though.

If the problems continue I'll start split half searches to rule out the problem, first port of call will be another clean erase and install but no migrate from Time Machine, start afresh, a few apps at a time.

:(

Hey, sorry for the slow reply.

I use:

Audio > Realtek ALC8xx > With DSDT > ALC889

----------------------

Plagued with problems at the minute:

• Freezes, finder dies, everything dies but the system keeps on running.
• K/Panics

The hard shutdowns and restarts are playing havoc with my Time Machine drives 'invalid node structure' happens far too often, similar with my boot/OS SSD also.

I still have some artifact issues so I cannot rule a faulty card out yet, in all honesty I'm pretty sick of it if I could afford a decent Mac Pro replacement I'd do it without hesitation.

Did test a quad on a recent trip to London (Regent St store) and it scored a lot lower in Geekbench than this, around 9000, bet it's a lot more stable though.

If the problems continue I'll start split half searches to rule out the problem, first port of call will be another clean erase and install but no migrate from Time Machine, start afresh, a few apps at a time.

Los....

After reading this thread - I am thinking that you should try to use a slightly newer BIOS for this - as I think the F10 is not good - and yes we have an F10 DSDT but here is why I think you should go one level up.

The F11 BIOS has these improvements.
1.Support Intel 3rd generation 22nm E1 stepping CPU (Ivy bridge)
2.Improve power on issue
3.Update ME / CPU code

As your donot have a IVY Bridge CPU #1 is not pertinant

But 2 and 3 may improve your situaition - also suggest you look at the forums for this MB as its most of the time using UEFI BIOS for installs
Or F11 version

Of course doing a BIOS upgrade could effect your 10.7 As WELL but I think at least a F11 could help.
Also what about windose have you installed it and is it stable - with all these problems have we elimminated the MB as a potential problem.

Hey

Thanks a lot for the reply, really appreciate it.

Kept my eye on Console during a bad patch and noticed a few kernel errors on the GPU address.

Checked in sys profiler and noticed both the 5770 and onboard GPU where listed.

Install the PCI Root ID Fix from Multibeast and nearly 2 weeks on not a single panic, hang or lock-up.

JINX

:D

I'd not considered changing my BIOS from F10 to F11, great point, will definitely look into this.

Thanks again

JINX indeed.

09/01/2013 16:44:41.000 kernel[0]: AMDJuniperGraphicsAccelerator: ** Device in slot: SLOT--1 **

Then a few hundred lines of:

09/01/2013 16:44:41.000 kernel[0]: 0x00000001
09/01/2013 16:44:41.000 kernel[0]: 0x000068b8
09/01/2013 16:44:41.000 kernel[0]: 0x00000001

Before:

09/01/2013 16:44:59.000 kernel[0]: ** GPU Debug Info End **
09/01/2013 16:44:59.000 kernel[0]: GPU hang: Not Implemented
09/01/2013 16:44:59.000 kernel[0]: Trying restart GPU ...
09/01/2013 16:45:05.774 com.apple.launchd[1]: (com.apple.DumpGPURestart) Throttling respawn: Will start in 4 seconds

Card playing up again, PITA, I bought a test card from eBay but it's a single DVi and not dual DVi plus I cannot be bothered buying a HDMi to DVi adapter.

I'll sell this one on and try and find a decent Sapphire or even better Gigabyte batmobile 5770 with dual DVi outputs.

I'm hoping 10.8.3 will have something to help me out, would appear this fault is not just with Hack machines alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back