Contribute
Register

10.8.5 Crashes while gaming on Galaxy GTX 650 1GB and Sapphire Radeon HD 6570 1GB (GDDR3) cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I've had my hackintosh working with full QE/CI for weeks now, but for whatever reason, 3D gaming for about 12 minutes crashes (not even a :beachball:, complete system halt, cannot force-quit anything etc.) with both my Sapphire Radeon HD 6570 and my Galaxy GTX 650 cards. I also sometimes have crashes when opening applications like Skype, seemingly randomly. The Radeon shows as "Radeon HD 6xxx 1024MB" in the system information, which I'm assuming it should not. The GTX 650 seems to show the full model, however.

I've tried OSX's own nVidia driver as well as the new proprietary one, both with the same crashing. The Radeon crashes as well, but less often and performs better.

Bootloader: Chimera (GraphicsEnabler=No, since my cards work without it, no other special options)
CPU: Intel E7500 Wolfdale 2.93Ghz X2 (Core 2 Duo)
GPU: Radeon HD 6570 / nVidia GTX 650 both with 1GB of VRAM
Audio: Realtek ALC662 Chipset (with modified AppleHDA.kext and enabler, I have VoodooHDA installed)
Motherboard: Biostar P43D3
PSU: 500w, surely can't be causing this

I can provide any file/info you need (DSDT, boot.plist, etc.), and thank you in advance for your time.

Here's an update if it's alright:

I've checked out the cards while they're running, and they feel like they're overheating! I can't get a temp reading on the radeon, which concerns me as I'm not sure how its temp will be managed in this case. I've tweaked the AppleGraphicsPowerManagement kext a bit and set my model to MacPro4,1, but it doesn't seem to help. Now that I know the issue, can anyone lend a hand? Thanks.

Small update:
TF2 seems to be okay right now, I capped the max FPS to the refresh rate and lowered all the settings to minimum. Borderlands 2 crashed INSTANTLY, which it hadn't actually done before. I don't think the Radeon 6570 is fully supported, the fan doesn't seem to speed up...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back