Graphics
Nvidia
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I am having no luck with ASRock H87M PRO4 + i5-4670K and fresh ML 10.8.5 retail-install. Computer reboots right after I am done reading kexts... Tried 10.8.4 with patched kernel with the same result... Tried to feed pretty much any keys to boot loader... Something is telling me that I don't have BIOS setup properly because same drives (10.8.4 patched and 10.8.5) boot in my LGA775 box.

Any ideas/hints/success stories?

Thanks

P.S. I couldn't boot UniBeast thumb drive on ASROCK, so I had to go thru installation on LGA775 box.

I was able to install 10.8.4 on my Asrock H87M-Pro4 using the following procedure

• Download 10.8.4 from Apple Store into 'Applications'
  • Download UniBeast, Multibeast and HaswellHelper from tonymacx86.com Downloads
  • Create UniBeast USB from 10.8.4 - just follow the instructions
  • Copy MultiBeast to USB drive
  • Run HaswellHelper which copies the Haswell modifed kernel to the USB
  • Reboot from USB using GraphicsEnabler=no
  • Following standard OSX instructions to install 10.8.4 on target drive
  • Reboot from USB again
  • copy mach_kernel from USB to target root directory
  • use MultiBeast with the following options

Capture.PNG

It is then possible to boot 10.8.4 from the target disk. I then used a Kext to get my wireless card working.
Only audio does not work. I tried using AL982 from MultiBeast but it did not work.

Unfortunately, I have had no success with 10.8.5. I have tried everything I can find but it does not seem possible to boot from the USB drive. The Apple logo flashes briefly then it reboots

Haswell 10.8.5 asrock h87m pro4

I managed to boot 10.8.4 last night as well. I cannot get ALC 892 to work and for some reason I cannot use my GT 220 PCIe video card and for some strange reason I could only boot with -v -f together with ncpi=0x3000 PCIRootUID=0 dart=0 in Boot.plist.

I did pretty much retail install (using mac to build a drive) + same settings in MultiBeast aside from I am using svn chameleon (2265 I believe) + HaswellHelper after MultiBeast. Apparently it is all about kernel and
deleting GenericUSBXHCI.kext from /System/Library/Extensions and thus last step is the key.
Now, once I got 10.8.4 to boot I tried the same kernel on 10.8.5, but I am getting exception in AppleTyMCEDriver.kext (that looks the same between 10.8.4 and 10.8.5) so it gotta be something in IOPCIFamily, so I rolled them back to 10.8.1 with MultiBeast, but was getting same "couldn't find symbol _acpi_idle_kernel".

I would try to use IOPCIFamily from 10.8.4 to at least may be get on chip GPU accelerated with 10.8.5, but I really need my Nvidia PCIe working and I don't understand why it is not working for me - video card was working fine with retail installs in other boards and with ASROCK I go into [PCI Configuration] and then screen either goes black or it just hangs there and GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No don't seem to have any effect. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

There is no way to disable on chip GPU in ASROCK BIOS (only way to enable PCIe GPU) and I suspect that this might be the reason.

Regarding ALC892... Judging by reports for ASROCK 77 boards to get AppleHDA working would most likely require DSDT... I never learned how to patch DSDT myself, so any help would be appreciated... Otherwise, did anybody try Voodoo yet?

How do you download 10.8.4 from the App store? Only one I see is 10.8.5

I was able to install 10.8.4 on my Asrock H87M-Pro4 using the following procedure

• Download 10.8.4 from Apple Store into 'Applications'
  • Download UniBeast, Multibeast and HaswellHelper from tonymacx86.com Downloads
  • Create UniBeast USB from 10.8.4 - just follow the instructions
  • Copy MultiBeast to USB drive
  • Run HaswellHelper which copies the Haswell modifed kernel to the USB
  • Reboot from USB using GraphicsEnabler=no
  • Following standard OSX instructions to install 10.8.4 on target drive
  • Reboot from USB again
  • copy mach_kernel from USB to target root directory
  • use MultiBeast with the following options

View attachment 68905

It is then possible to boot 10.8.4 from the target disk. I then used a Kext to get my wireless card working.
Only audio does not work. I tried using AL982 from MultiBeast but it did not work.

Unfortunately, I have had no success with 10.8.5. I have tried everything I can find but it does not seem possible to boot from the USB drive. The Apple logo flashes briefly then it reboots

How do you download 10.8.4 from the App store? Only one I see is 10.8.5

Only 10.8.5 (the latest) is available from the Mac App Store.

Got 10.8.4 more or less working last night and I don't think "ncpi=0x3000 PCIRootUID=0 dart=0" are really needed since I could boot with -F -v -f...

GraphicsEnabler in svn chameleon 2265 doesn't seem to work thus I had to use NVEnabler http://www.osx86.net/files/download/1989-nvenabler/

Since I defined system as MacPro5,1 I had to delete AppleTyMCEDriver.kext. Also I removed GenericUSBXHCI.kext and thus I don't think dart=0 is needed. Also I tried every toleda method to get AppleHDA to work with ALC892 (namely Multibeast, 10.8.4 for Mavericks, Toleda's HDAEnabler1 and SSDT) but non worked, so I did VoodooHDA and it works ok.

I also managed to get 10.8.5 + UniBeast installation flashdrive to boot using MiniHack method but installation failed. Here is a link to MiniHack http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...e-i5-4430-zotac-h87-itx-8gb-ram-gt-240-a.html but essentially it is using 10.8.4 patched kernel + rolling back 4 kexts to 10.8.4 on 10.8.5 retail. 10.8.5 installed from a mac + Haswell Helper + MiniHack did started to boot but eventually kernel panicked on me... Same with Mavericks only a lot more kexts could not be loaded on Mavericks because 10.8.4 kernel is lacking _acpi_idle_kernel and such.

Bottom line, it looks like to get 10.8.5 or later to work custom kernel would be required same as on a few other Haswell boards...

Unfortunately, 10.8.4 is no longer available for download from the AppStore. I downloaded before 10.8.5 was released. I don't believe that there is any other legal way to access it.

I tried both Voodoo and DSDT with 10.8.4 but still could not get audio working with ALC 892. Because 10.8.5 also could not be installed, it seems that 10.8.4 without sound is as good as it gets.

I have Asrock Z87 Extreme4 and was having the same issue with Unibeast install disk. The system would simply reboot after loading the kext.
I looked for possible cause and pmpatch uefi tool looked like the right thing to do.
So, I used ami flash tool (afudos) to backup the bios, ran pmpatch tool on bios and later used afudos to flash the modded bios.
After that I ran Unibeast with 10.8.5 install disk and it just ran without any issue (I had to set PCIRootUID=0 as kernel flag).

The installation went fine. Almost everything works (except sound alc1150 which I am not fixing since I use usb headset).

Hope this helps.

Did you make any attempt to get the alc 1150 working ? The only reason I would consider 10.8.5 is to get audio working because everything else works fine with 10.8.4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back