Contribute
Register

10.8.5 AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement Kernel Panic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI B85m-g43
CPU
i7 4790
Graphics
R9 280x
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I've just tried to update my fully functional Dell inspiron 14z from 10.8.4 to 10.8.5 but it does not like the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.

I have followed Storks guide, removing my GenericUSBXHCI.kext before installing, then patching the AICPM kext. yet everytime i reboot I get hammered with the Kernel panic from the AICPM kexts.

I've also tried to reinstall my old working 10.8.4 AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext and AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient.kext but same results appear.

What gives?

I've just tried to update my fully functional Dell inspiron 14z from 10.8.4 to 10.8.5 but it does not like the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.

I have followed Storks guide, removing my GenericUSBXHCI.kext before installing, then patching the AICPM kext. yet everytime i reboot I get hammered with the Kernel panic from the AICPM kexts.

I've also tried to reinstall my old working 10.8.4 AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext and AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient.kext but same results appear.

What gives?

Probably kernel cache was not updated. Try booting '-f'. Then repair permissions and rebuild cache.

Probably kernel cache was not updated. Try booting '-f'. Then repair permissions and rebuild cache.

i have the same issue, tried with -f but it didnt work. AppleIntelCpuPowerManagement.kext has been updated to V214. Rolling back to previous versions seems to be fix for the problem.

But how?

the only fix i can see is to boot into single user using using usb installer . Or restore system from time machine backup.

if you can patch the new one that will be great. if not try to roll back and see what is going to happen

the problem I have is that once I update to 10.8.5 I have to install NullCPUPowermanagement or I can not boot. Is it possible to patch the new files while booting from a 10.8.4 installation on a USB drive?

yes you can but do it as follow:
Rename 10.8.4 AICPM, copy and paste AICPM 10.8.5 TO S/L/E and run the patcher when done drag 10.8.5 AICPM from S/L/E to your desktop then delete it from S/L/E and rename the one that belongs to 10.8.4 to original name.

Option2:
Use NullcpuPowermanagement after installing/updating to 10.8.5 then reboot with Nullcpu kext and then patch the required kext. DO Not forget to remove Nullcpu kext after patching AICPM, then boot with -f -v and see the report.

If you can boot using NullCPU, all that is required is for you to patch the AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement.kext. If you're not sure how to do it, use Google.

Got it all working, there must have been an issue somewhere in the system files, I installed fresh and patched, and migrated my data.. All is good now, also had a run in with sleep enabler causing kernel panics, so I'm running without it, but all is good. Power Management, is working also.

Thanks for the help mates!

Never mind, 10.8.5 was a waste of time, battery life is greatly reduced, usb functionality only when I boot with a device connected, once I unplug it they no longer detect any devices. Rolling back to 10.8.4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back