Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I can't log into my computer after accidentally updating to it. I noticed there was a digital RAW update and pressed update without thinking to check the "more" section of updates.

Is there any way I can log into the machine and then back up the files and then reinstall? Any other suggestions on losing the update?

I'm desperate at this point.

GA-Z77X-UP5 TH
i7 3770K
GTX 670 2 GB
NZXT Tower
Apple Cinema Display
2 Samsung SSD Raid 0

Can you boot with Unibeast? If not what i do is get an old HDD and plug it in removing the disks with data on them. Do an install with Unibeast. When running plug the original disks and copy all the data over. Never had to do that again since using Time Machine. All you do is install a fresh system and restore from it. All done for you automatically.

Thanks I appreciate the suggestion. Haven't done that just yet, I will try booting from unibeast after I try a few flags that people have recommended. I've tried -x, -f, -v, -s and so far none have worked. I'm not sure if there's a difference, but -F seems to be another recommended flag. I'll try that, but if no go I'll just have to copy over stuff and reinstall next week. But at least hopefully I'll not lose any data. I typically back up once a week, but have missed a week and would lose 2 weeks of saved work. I'd hate to lose that. I may have to consider using my G-Safe as a time machine as well.

Thanks again.

Your GPU need GraphicsEnabler=No flag. Did you try that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back