GTX 460SE
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys!

I just did a fresh install of 10.8.4 today and got everything to work EXCEPT wifi. It doesn't even recognize there is a wifi card attached to the computer. The Airport icon does not show up in the corner, nor does it list Airport under Networking in System Preferences.

I have an Atheros card: AR5212 aka WPN311. I've been able to get it to work with the same computer/card on 10.6.8, 10.7.5, and 10.8.3, but I feel like I've tried everything to get it to work on 10.8.4.

I've tried the following:
  • Installing AtherosFix.kext
  • Adding the card's id (pci168c,5212) to the Info.plist of both AtherosFix.kext AND IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortAtheros40.kext
  • Deleting IO80211Family.kext and reinstalling one from 10.8.3 with pci168c,5212 also added to the Info.plist as stated above.
  • Tried the above method with 10.8.2 kext as well.

Is there something I'm missing? Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

same here, though with TP-Link TL-WN881ND :confused:

Haven't found a solution yet...

Saw the same on my 4530s after upgrading from 10.8.3 to 10.8.4, but booting from a 10.7.4 disk I still kept around fixed the problem. Now I can boot from 10.8.4 and WiFi (Atheros) works as did before. Don't know why that worked, but it did for me.

Have you tried changing the wifi channel on your router?

That doesn't have to do anything with the router. The OP says problem is that the WiFi card won't get detected even..

Have you got kernel caching on?
I'm still reletively new to all of this, but I read somewhere that having that enabled to YES makes the system disregard your changed kexts.
Just an idea to disable that, it's been a while so if you could tell us maybe what happend and if you ever got it fixed would be terrific (Y)

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried turning UseKernelCache to No, but it didn't make a difference even after deleting the cache.

I haven't had much of a chance to mess with it; I've been out of town for nearly a month. Meanwhile I have been using my Windows partition instead but I'd really like to get back to Mac.

I will keep you updated if I figure out something that works. If worse comes to worse I can downgrade to 10.8.3.

Hi guys,

This worked for me:

- Install kext and repair permission

Navigate to hidden folder: /usr/libexec
- Replace airportd with the one that is provided
- Apple updated this to 10.8.4
- The attached file is 10.8.3

it was posted for another card.
I have TL-WN651G, Atheros chip [AR5212], OSX 10.8.4
and I had a problem with: Connection Timeout Occurred.

P.S. Thanks to Stunner1984.. for solution !!!

Attachments

• Wireless 10.8.4.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 605
Hi guys,

This worked for me:

- Install kext and repair permission

Navigate to hidden folder: /usr/libexec
- Replace airportd with the one that is provided
- Apple updated this to 10.8.4
- The attached file is 10.8.3

it was posted for another card.
I have TL-WN651G, Atheros chip [AR5212], OSX 10.8.4
and I had a problem with: Connection Timeout Occurred.

P.S. Thanks to Stunner1984.. for solution !!!

I appreciate the help, but I wasn't having connectivity issues; I was having issues with OSX not detecting the fact that a wifi card even existed on my computer.

That being said, I've tried this already, but thanks for the suggestion. :)

Having exactly the same issue with my Atheros AR5005G, perfect with every version up to 10.8.3 but dead when using 10.8.4

any news on the topic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back