Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce 660TI
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I recently updated my Hackintosh to 10.8.3. Unfortunately, with the new OS, my 660TI graphics card was having issues and would freeze with two displays. After this happened, I researched and found that setting GraphicsEnabler=No could help so installed MultiBeast again and right after that process, my computer frooze. On rebooting, the boot hangs on "System uptime in nanoseconds." What should I do to fix this?? Thanks in advance!

I managed to fix this issue and now 10.8.3 is running beautifully. However, now my 660ti graphics card is freezing at a blue screen if I attempt to plug in a second monitor. Unfortunately, I cannot properly install the new GeForce drivers because my computer is identified as a iMac12,1. I tried to fix this by editing both the /Users/"my user"/Library/Preferences/com.apple.SystemProfiler.plist and also the /System/Library/SystemProfiler/SPPlatformReporter.spreporter/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/Localizable.string [FONT=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]but all this ended up merely changing the About this Mac info and not the System Information area. So the graphics still wouldn't run....

Next I tried using xar -xf and -cf to open and change the Distribution file to allow iMac12,1 to run the installer which allowed the installer to open and not tell me that my system was not supported; however this time, the installer failed after attempting to install...

Any way to either fix the installer or change my system information? Thanks in advance!
[/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back