Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I anticipate I'm not using a DSDT, but maybe I can spare me of doing it...

I've installed many fixes starting from the boot.plist

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=0 PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x2000</string>

adding AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext and AHCISeries7Injector.kext so that in System Information at least the SATA Device Tree is seen as Intel 7 Series Chipset but unless I turn ON the computer with a disc inserted the Brand and Model are not detected and recorded.

So when I start the PC with a disc pushed in the Teac BD-C26SSA93 would be fully recognized and operative, available to any program (Toast, DVD Player, etc.) and can be ejected and reloaded but if I don't insert the disc there won't be any sign of life, and no disc can be loaded (it's a Slot Load driver).

The rest of the system is now working quite well: 10.8.3 on Sabertooth Z77; i7 3770K; Gigabyte nVidia GTX 670 2 GB; SSD Intel.

Anyone can please help?

TIA

I have the same problem. Device doesn't appear unless I have a disc in during boot. Tried a DVD player framework patch from kexts.com but to no avail. DVD player sees discs but does not play.

I anticipate I'm not using a DSDT, but maybe I can spare me of doing it...

I've installed many fixes starting from the boot.plist

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=0 PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x2000</string>

adding AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext and AHCISeries7Injector.kext so that in System Information at least the SATA Device Tree is seen as Intel 7 Series Chipset but unless I turn ON the computer with a disc inserted the Brand and Model are not detected and recorded.

So when I start the PC with a disc pushed in the Teac BD-C26SSA93 would be fully recognized and operative, available to any program (Toast, DVD Player, etc.) and can be ejected and reloaded but if I don't insert the disc there won't be any sign of life, and no disc can be loaded (it's a Slot Load driver).

The rest of the system is now working quite well: 10.8.3 on Sabertooth Z77; i7 3770K; Gigabyte nVidia GTX 670 2 GB; SSD Intel.

Anyone can please help?

TIA

I'm still looking for a solution to this annoying problem.

If I boot into Mac OsX without inserting a disc in the optical drive ir wouldn't appear anywhere, and I won't be be to insert any disc thereafter.

Even hot rebooting wouldn't work I believe since the drive seem not being powered up: the drive will be working only when making a cold start and inserting a disc before loading Mac OsX (you can hear the drive resetting when you power up, but not if you reboot into ML): once I have the finder loaded with a disc inserted I can access and change DVD/CD/BR and the disc will be read by DVD Player or any other app (VLC etc.); Toast can use it to record discs and so does the Disc Burning; it's identified correctly in the System Information.

In Win 7 it works faultlessly.

I've got the same problem under Mavericks.

Any solution ?

I'm still stuck there, unable to find a solution. If even with the latest Apple updates a Slot Loaded drive is not recognized maybe.we should try with the different Mac profiles: have you tried setting the machine as an iMac or a Mini? They use slot load drives...

Hi Sanatkumara,

It seems I managed to solve the problem like that :

- Removing kext "AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext" -> because, with this kext, it seems the machine definition is not recognized ;
- Installing kext "IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext" (replace "AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext") using Multibeast ;
- Installing kext "IOAHCISerialATAPI_Injector.kext" (to fix an error when launching dvd player app) using Kext utility ;
- Setting the machine as "MacMini6,2" using Multibeast.

Can you try this method and give a feedback here ?

Regards

I may try this way: I still have some reserves in using a different profile than a MacPro on a machine that has PCIe cards, i7 CPU etc.

I'm not sure what may be the draw backs using this kind of profiles, since it seems is not just a cosmetic entry.

Am I wrong?

OK I did as you suggested but there was no change. The slot driver won't even reset with an hot reboot, but only when powering up the computer. Only at that moment I can push in a disk and after the Finder is loaded showing it, the device is recognized and I can eject/reload...

Back to square one.

Hallo,

I have the same problem. With Marvericks (10.9.2) my DVD drive only work, when a DVD/CD is inside the drive while booting.
I have not tested lower versions of OS X.
Under Windows 7 I have no problems.
My drive is a Lite-On DL-8ATSH.

Have anyone a solution for this problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back