1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
10.8.3 - OpenCL Scores Significantly Lowered

Wanted to start this as a separate thread from the 10.8.3 update.

After updating from 10.8.2 to 10.8.3 i saw a significant decrease in Luxmarks OpenCL benchmark for my gtx 660 TI. A decrease from 1056 to 656. A few other people in the update thread were also having this issue on 6xx cards.

If anyone else is having this issue post here so we can use this as a starting point track down the issue (new inefficient kexts I imagine)

Edit: Wanted to update with some other benchmarks.

Unigine- Heaven: 1693 to 1783
NovaBench (gpu only): 419 to 412
Cinebench: 49.87 to 47.68

have the same problems with ma GTX 660 (non TI) . i have seen in iStats that since the new drivers from 10.8.3 that ma card doesnt switch the Power levels like it was in the 10.8.2 version and i think thats the reason why we loose performance

If the numbers in iStat are accurate it looks like both my Core and Memory step up to the proper levels (1.19 GHz and 5.86GHz). I am not sure what the ROP and Shade frequency should be at, but they both step up to 2.38GHZ; so I don't think thats the same issue my card is having (can't find specific values for them online). I will try booting up to my 10.8.2 backup and see what levels they are at when I get home.

Can anyone with 6xx and 5xx cards check their OpenCL benchmarks? I would like to see if we can get this issue narrowed down to specific cards. So far I have seen people post about the issue with 650, 660TI and 670 graphics cards, but I would imagine this is effecting all 6xx owners.

If the numbers in iStat are accurate it looks like both my Core and Memory step up to the proper levels (1.19 GHz and 5.86GHz). I am not sure what the ROP and Shade frequency should be at, but they both step up to 2.38GHZ; so I don't think thats the same issue my card is having (can't find specific values for them online). I will try booting up to my 10.8.2 backup and see what levels they are at when I get home.

I have the same problem, but Hardware Monitor reports that my Memory speed is only going to 2.93Ghz, instead of 5.86Ghz. GPU (1.06Ghz) and ROP (2.12Ghz) speeds look normal, I think.

Edit: The other thing that I noticed is, AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext is not loading! :( Anyone else getting it to load??

Update: AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext is loading now, using SMBIOS MacBookPro10,1

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-03-17 at 9.54.48 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-03-17 at 9.54.48 AM.png
    38.7 KB · Views: 539
  • LuxMark 4 Jan 2013.png
    LuxMark 4 Jan 2013.png
    38.3 KB · Views: 573
Same problem here with Asus GTX 670.

I have the same problem, but Hardware Monitor reports that my Memory speed is only going to 2.93Ghz, instead of 5.86Ghz. GPU (1.06Ghz) and ROP (2.12Ghz) speeds look normal, I think.

Edit: The other thing that I noticed is, AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext is not loading! :( Anyone else getting it to load??

I think that explains why it broke sleep (or atleast for me).

This broke my Hac, but it may work for you.You can extract another package inside the orginal. When you run that, it will install the drivers. Unfortunately, the 10.8.2 drivers did not allow me to boot, so I would not recommend it.

I was considering giving this a try later today. After you installed the drivers did you manually rebuild the kextcache? Also, you might be able to boot in safe mode then just rerun the 10.8.3 combo update to update the 6xx kexts.

I was considering giving this a try later today. After you installed the drivers did you manually rebuild the kextcache? Also, you might be able to boot in safe mode then just rerun the 10.8.3 combo update to update the 6xx kexts.

I did not. I tried rebooting first and had no way to get to the OS. Safemode would not allow it to boot. I just reverted to 10.8 and installed the 10.8.2 Combo. Come to think of it, you may be able to manually install the kexts if you have a clone of your 10.8.2 install. That may work better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back