Register

10.8.3: AMD Radeon HD 7xxx Graphics Testing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

I just wanted to share my success.

1. Install Mountain Lion (UniBeast)
2. Combo Update 10.8.3
3. Install necessary kext files for my AsRock Z77 extreme6 via KextBeast and Multibeast (Audio, Ethernet, USB 3).
4. Installing Chimera through Multibeast.
5. Inserted my PowerColor HD 7979 V3 and left my HD 4000 as "primary" in the UEFI bios.
6. Connected my Monitor to the 7970 and connected a empty HDMI kabel to the HD 4000.

After that I booted my hakintosh with the installed chimera bootloader and I have to wait about 30s after the login window appears.

I attached some screens:

IMG_20130505_093104.jpgIMG_20130505_105110.jpgIMG_20130505_105118.jpgIMG_20130505_105306.jpgIMG_20130505_104739.jpgIMG_20130505_113740.jpg

have problems with my mobo H77N-Wifi (UEFI)

I can not set
Init Display First: IGFX
Internal Graphics: Disabled (OS X will recognize fully)

if I want to save it, it puts everything back to the original settings
what can i do?

System : i7 3770K, 16GB ram, 7970 (Powercolor), H77N-Wifi, 10.8.3
thanks for help

Thanks mate, I'm trying to apply these changes. And suddenly my computer shuts down. Then when I got back I can't connect to the internet at all.

I have 169.254.x.x IP add then I've tried to renew and release DHCP but everything's not working. I have wifi from my laptop and ethernet for my other desktop but I don't have a connection in my Hackintosh. I've tried multibeast 5.2 and 5.3 but none of them fixed my internet.

Anyone had this problem?

Update >> All is fixed including the DHCP and sleep trick. - I need to wait at least 20 seconds to have the screen up and I've enabled autologin. With DHCP I have to reinstall the Atheros driver using MultiBeast 5.3 then switch to 5.2 then switched back to 5.3. Somehow it fixed the issue. Not sure what it is as I'm just new here.

Thanks for the help! @baller1308 by the way if I need to place fb-rotate folder in Extra what will I use for the directory, I'm sorry as I don't know the directory structure of MAC this is my first time using one. I'm used to Windows stuff. TYIA :beachball: :thumbup: :cool:

:)

LAST Problem and I'm all good. :) The boot0:done+gibberish text.

I got my Sapphire 7950 Vapor-X working, details:

1. No fresh install
2. Chameleon svn 2191
3. GE=No
4. Sabertooth Z77, Xeon E3-1230, no internal graphics, using sleep trick
5. Sleeps well, running starcraft II smoothly, very happy :)
6. Using kozlek's Fakesmc and HWSensor, GPUSensor plugin must be removed if you are using HWSensor/iStat Menus

Looking forward to a fix, that sleep-trick is annoying ......

What's mean of sleep trick

I have a Sapphire 7850 1GB

The device ID is 1002-6819 so that should be 0x68191002 in the kexts correct?

I've got a pretty standard board and everything was working on 10.8.2 with windows 8 on a second hard drive. Chameleon boots via the MAC drive and properly shows both mac and windows installs.

So, first:

1. Upgraded from 10.8.2 to 10.8.3

2. Reinstalled Multibeast.

3. Updated Chameleon using chameleon wizard to the latest version. All is working at this point from what I could see.

4. installed modded Kexts.

5. Set IGFX to disable, also set as initialize IGFX first (so weird).

6. Installed 7850, booted till I got to the white screen. I could see the bootloader and everything up to that point.

Next I attempted to sleep... it goes dead.. then when it wakes I get a black screen with no display at all.

I once got a frozen image of my login screen after 15 minutes but it stayed frozen.

At this point I removed the 7850 and reset my bios back to a working profile and decided to check if sleep still works.

It doesn't! When I try to sleep it goes to a white screen but stays on, hitting sleep immediately returns to a normal screen.
I'm also wondering if maybe I need to have a user log directly to the desktop and not the login screen.. is that the case for anybody?

Additionally I have my resolution set to 1920x1080 in chameleon as well as PCIroot=1

Questions:

1. Do I need to use sleepenabler from https://code.google.com/p/xnu-sleep-enabler/ ?
My board: GA-Z77N-WIFI previously did not need it but maybe now with 10.8.3 it does?

2. Anyone else have a Sapphire 7850 1GB have this issue?

3. Am I even going about this right?

What's mean of sleep trick

Sleep Trick is when you install the "sleep enabler". And before you can login you'll see a white screen that you have to put your computer to sleep (Like press the power button in my hackintosh) then when you turn it on it's all good.

Questions:

1. Do I need to use sleepenabler from https://code.google.com/p/xnu-sleep-enabler/ ?
My board: GA-Z77N-WIFI previously did not need it but maybe now with 10.8.3 it does?

2. Anyone else have a Sapphire 7850 1GB have this issue?

3. Am I even going about this right?

I think you're doing it right. Try to do the sleep trick then when everything is working with it, use fb-rotate like on the instructions given in this thread. It's the way around it as of now. I used HD 7770 so I guess all 7xxx series are a bit the same when it comes to setting it up. I didn't do an upgrade I did a clean reinstall directly using my HD 7770. When I'm installing I used AtiConfig=Chutoro, if I'm not mistaken this is the code I use before I enter the installation of 10.8.3 Then I've followed the normal process for my motherboard "z77x-ud3h". I've installed multibeast, installed sound, fixed my chameleon with Chameleon wizard, did the sleeptrick then after baller1308 gave me some instruction, that's the time I did the fb-rotate. and It's all good now :)

Screen Shot 2013-05-06 at 6.37.33 AM.jpg Just wanted to share the apps I can use without any problem with this Hackintosh. I'm pretty happy with it. More and faster than I can do it in windows. Really big thanks to this forum, I'll just find my way with the last boot problem with gibberish text and all is great here.

Here's my medium and hard benchmarks for the XFX R7950, only thing I'd add is I really wish there was some version of Catalyst Control Center for OSX. These scores are a fair bit higher with the GPU overclocked, and it goes to 1000Mhz very easily. Didn't include a Unigine one, because I can't get anti-aliasing to work in Heaven 4.0. Anyone else have the problem/have AA working?

Screen Shot 2013-05-06 at 4.33.12 PM.pngScreen Shot 2013-05-06 at 4.35.47 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-05-06 at 4.38.16 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-05-06 at 4.38.16 PM.png
    53.9 KB · Views: 170
Thanks for the help! @baller1308 by the way if I need to place fb-rotate folder in Extra what will I use for the directory, I'm sorry as I don't know the directory structure of MAC this is my first time using one. I'm used to Windows stuff. TYIA :beachball: :thumbup: :cool:

:)

LAST Problem and I'm all good. :) The boot0:done+gibberish text.

/Extra/fb-rotate/fb-rotate -d 0 -r 90
/Extra/fb-rotate/fb-rotate -d 0 -r 0

That's what I have. Run it before restarting your computer to make sure it works correctly.

As for the boot0 gibberish, I used Chameleon Wizard 4.2.1. Select the appropriate install method based on your system setup. Make sure to install it on the correct hd which is listed at the bottom.

Hope that helps.

/Extra/fb-rotate/fb-rotate -d 0 -r 90
/Extra/fb-rotate/fb-rotate -d 0 -r 0

That's what I have. Run it before restarting your computer to make sure it works correctly.

As for the boot0 gibberish, I used Chameleon Wizard 4.2.1. Select the appropriate install method based on your system setup. Make sure to install it on the correct hd which is listed at the bottom.

Hope that helps.

Mate, Thanks so much for your help. THIS IS A BIG SUCCESS FOR ME! :) THIS WILL BE MY MAIN MACHINE NOW.
:D :headbang: :lol:

Specs:
Gygabyte - GA Z77x UD3H
Intel i7 3770
Power Color HD7770 I'm not using the HD4000 on the processor. This is enough for me.
16GB Kingston HyperX
500GB HDD

4 Working USB 2.0 (enough for me I can just use a USB Hub if I need more)
No errors, from boot to desktop screen.

I've used chameleon wizard 4.2.1 to fix the gibberish text. Used the fb-rotate to solve the sleeptrick.

Thanks so much for all the people who helped here in this forum :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back