Contribute
Register

10.8.3: AMD Radeon HD 7xxx Graphics Testing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got my 7950 working correctly (finally). I am trying to run 3 monitors, however any time I plug in the third one it is either black, or tv static (white noise). My monitors are connected via DVI, HDMI and Mini-DisplayPort to DVI. I'm using FBRotate to get the monitors to work (otherwise it is a white screen and I need to sleep and then wake up - which doesn't work with my motherboard). This 3 monitor configuration works on my Windows boot. I'd like to give you some diagnostic information but I'm not sure where to look for this sort of thing?

Hey,

I have 3 monitors working. However the rotation trick only works for 2 of the monitors (even if you enter the device ID of all 3 into the script). I have to put it to sleep, and then when I wake up all 3 monitors are working.

Guys, I am having issues with sleep. My build will go to sleep fine with a press of the powerbutton, however after about a minute or so all the fans will rev up very loudly for 30 seconds or so, before the computer returns to sleep. It seems to be waking from sleep and then going back to sleep continuously. Any known fixes to this?

I got my Sapphire 7950 Vapor-X working, details:

1. No fresh install
2. Chameleon svn 2191
3. GE=No
4. Sabertooth Z77, Xeon E3-1230, no internal graphics, using sleep trick
5. Sleeps well, running starcraft II smoothly, very happy :)
6. Using kozlek's Fakesmc and HWSensor, GPUSensor plugin must be removed if you are using HWSensor/iStat Menus

Looking forward to a fix, that sleep-trick is annoying ......

Hi guys,
attempting to boot with 7950. I get to the point with the white screen where the computer needs to go to sleep. The problem is my motherboard (Gigabyte X79-UD3) has issues with sleep. Any ideas on how to get past this point without putting to sleep?

Thanks
Looks like your board doesn't have video outputs similar to my board. I ended up having to use an older video card to get past the white screen issue and then use the fbrotate script. I wasn't able to get past the white screen cursor issue with the other video card.

Have you tried the fbrotate script? I'm currently using that right now with my Sapphire 7950 for 2 monitors. Works well. I currently have an issue with 3 monitors. One is always black.

I have the same issue like you. I didn't find any solution in the last month.

Have you tried the fbrotate script? I'm currently using that right now with my Sapphire 7950 for 2 monitors. Works well. I currently have an issue with 3 monitors. One is always black.

tried, works if I enabled auto-login, but I don't want it......
tried using launchd daemon, now i've a cursor and a white screen lol, still need to do sleep trick

tried, works if I enabled auto-login, but I don't want it......
tried using launchd daemon, now i've a cursor and a white screen lol, still need to do sleep trick

While I'm only using 2 monitors, and not three, I really didn't want to use autologin. However after some testing I realized that the only way to get the fb-rotate script to work on start-up was if I had autologin activated.

The compromise I came up with was to have the script log out my user account after rotating the screens. My script is:

Code:
#!/bin/bash
# rotate screen twice to overcome white screen startup bug.

# If things aren't working out, you'll need to redirect output someplace you can
# actually see it, by uncommenting the next line
# exec >/tmp/boot.sh.output.output.txt 2>&1

# rotate both screens 180 degrees wait 1 second and then flip them back
/usr/local/bin/fb-rotate -d 0 -r 180 & /usr/local/bin/fb-rotate -d 1 -r 180 ;
sleep 1 ;
/usr/local/bin/fb-rotate -d 0 -r 0 & /usr/local/bin/fb-rotate -d 1 -r 0 ;
# the following line will log out the current user account, landing you back at the login screen
(echo "ignoring application responses ^ tell application \"loginwindow\" to $(printf \\xc2\\xab)event aevtrlgo$(printf \\xc2\\xbb) ^ end ignoring" | tr '^' '\n' | osascrpt) ;

With this fix in place, my hack is working perfectly with my XFX AMD 7870 ghz edition on 2 monitors.

/Users/user/fb-rotate -d 0 -r 90
/Users/user/fb-rotate -d 0 -r 0

I'm trying this trick coz sleep trick seems to be irritating sometime but on the good side it allows you to use your AMD 7xxx card.

I'm just not sure about this and you said (change de path):

do I place those line of codes or do I need to edit them? If I'll edit them what will I do with it? what will I edit? Also one more question. Where do I save or place the FBRotate.app? Will I leave it on desktop or should i place it anywhere?

Thanks In Advance. I'm using GA-z77x UD3H + PC HD7770 GHz Edition + i7 3770, 16 GB RAM and 500HDD.

I got the audio working here with four USB ports. That's okay with me. What I wanted to fix is the sleep trick and the booth0:donegibberish text. I've tried Chameleon Wizard on this booth0 problem but no good or maybe I've done something wrong. I'm new to this and I'm looking forward for someone to help. Cheers! :)

I'm trying this trick coz sleep trick seems to be irritating sometime but on the good side it allows you to use your AMD 7xxx card.

I'm just not sure about this and you said (change de path):

do I place those line of codes or do I need to edit them? If I'll edit them what will I do with it? what will I edit? Also one more question. Where do I save or place the FBRotate.app? Will I leave it on desktop or should i place it anywhere?

Thanks In Advance. I'm using GA-z77x UD3H + PC HD7770 GHz Edition + i7 3770, 16 GB RAM and 500HDD.

I got the audio working here with four USB ports. That's okay with me. What I wanted to fix is the sleep trick and the booth0:donegibberish text. I've tried Chameleon Wizard on this booth0 problem but no good or maybe I've done something wrong. I'm new to this and I'm looking forward for someone to help. Cheers! :)
You have to change the path to point to wherever you extracted the file. You can keep the folder on the desktop or you can move it to the Extra folder which is what I did.

Example if it was on your Desktop: "/Users/baller1308/Desktop/fb-rotate/fb-rotate -d 0 -r 90".

When you create the script in Automator you can run it to see if it works and it is pointing to the right directory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back