Contribute
Register

10.8.3: AMD Radeon HD 7xxx Graphics Testing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks! that fat partition fixed it.. and im able to boot into 10.8.3 with both hd4000 and my visiontek 7970 running luxmark my score is
it recognizes my card as a Radeon HD tahitiXT Prototype compute engine GPU 32, 925
... i have no idea what all that means?

booting doesnt appear to be a problem either as i don't have to deal with any sleep trick or anything of that nature.

When i select About this Mac it lists the Graphics as my HD 4000 on board with 512mb. Does it matter that it doesnt list my 7970?
When i go to System report -> Graphics/Displays it has both the HD Graphics 4000, and AMD Radeon HD7970.

EDIT: fixed the about this mac, its now listing my 7970. had to plug in my main monitor to the 7970 card, and have the the task bar/dock bar set to the display plugged into the 7970.

also had to include the attribute dart=0 in my <string> element in /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist to have the i7 3770 to boot its hd4000 graphicfirst. this flag enables some feature for vms and i believe its required for the non k ivy bridges.

Hi, I'm still struggling with this 3 monitors issue. The strange is that the problem exist in the BIOS as well. I see the mirrored BIOS screen on any 2 of the 3 monitors, but not on all of the three. KNNSpeed, could you check what you see in BIOS with your gear? I would like to find out it is a normal behaviour or something wrong with my 7950?

Thanks!
Sorry for the delay, but I tested it out and I cannot replicate your issue. My BIOS is different from yours, and I don't need to change anything to get my card working. I think you may have a faulty something (maybe the DAC) on your card, since the DVI--VGA works on mine in triple monitor configuration. I'm using DVI-->VGA to test, along with HDMI-->DVI and MiniDP-->DVI (active adapter by Accell).

Hi,

For those tired of using sleep trick, someone developed an app for rotate trick.

Just enable auto login on system preferences and add the app to load during startup.

For me worked like a charm.

Just search for "bypass white screen for ati 7xxx" on google and you will find the link and procedures.

I just managed to get my HD 7870 running but got some weird screen stretch thingy. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 53972d1366550434-weird-screen-stretch-ry56xng.jpg
    53972d1366550434-weird-screen-stretch-ry56xng.jpg
    617.6 KB · Views: 376
Hi!

Is there anyway to boot without using the UB??

How can I fix the white screen without use the sleep trick? I read something about rotation, but I do not know anything about it...

Thank u!

Hi,

Theres an app for rotate trick.

You just need to configure it to load during startup.

Just search on google "bypass white screen for ati 7xxx" and you will find the procedures (very easy).

Hi,

Theres an app for rotate trick.

You just need to configure it to load during startup.

Just search on google "bypass white screen for ati 7xxx" and you will find the procedures (very easy).

Thanks! this worked for me!! anyway i can have my login password back?

I have MSI 7950 Twin Frozr 3

Sorry for the delay, but I tested it out and I cannot replicate your issue. My BIOS is different from yours, and I don't need to change anything to get my card working. I think you may have a faulty something (maybe the DAC) on your card, since the DVI--VGA works on mine in triple monitor configuration. I'm using DVI-->VGA to test, along with HDMI-->DVI and MiniDP-->DVI (active adapter by Accell).

Thanks KNNSpeed. I will check with the distributor, maybe it is a HW issue.

Hi,

For those tired of using sleep trick, someone developed an app for rotate trick.

Just enable auto login on system preferences and add the app to load during startup.

For me worked like a charm.

Just search for "bypass white screen for ati 7xxx" on google and you will find the link and procedures.

Hi TomMelo,
I am running a 7950 with triple 1080p monitors. I am stuck with the sleep bug. After waking from sleep all 3 monitors function perfectly in OSX, however.

I tried the sleep trick you mentioned (I followed the approach for "2 or more display" dicsussed here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/287626-guide-bypass-the-white-screen-for-ati-hd-7xxx-1083/ )

it, unfortunately, does not seem to work. One of my 3 monitors it seems to fix (the one on the far left), however it leaves the middle one black and the farthest right one is still colored white. I added an additional rotation command for the third monitor as per the instructions in that thread, but it doesn't seem to help.

Anyone have a solution? Or have a problem similar to mine with the sleep trick mentioned above?

Man, this is so frustrating!

I've spent hours over the last 2 days searching and cannot find an answer.

I have a successful ML 10.8.3 install with an Sapphire Radeon HD 7770 GHz edition installed. I have an ASUS P5K-E WiFi/AP motherboard with an Intel Core 2 Duo E6750. I don't have integrated graphics, so I had to use the 7770. I was able to install fine (at one point in the middle of the install the screen went white, but moving the mouse brought it back).

But when booting, I only get a white screen with a movable mouse cursor. The spinning beach ball spins a few times, and the HDD light shows that it's working, but I can't see anything. I know that the sleep trick is supposed to get me out of it, but no matter what I do, I can't get it to sleep. When I press the power button on my computer, nothing happens. I know it might take long, so I hit it, came back to it in about 10 minutes and saw the screen was black, but the computer was still on and the fans were spinning. Moving the mouse or hitting a key on the keyboard turned the monitor back on, but I was back at the white screen. I'm not sure if that was auto monitor shut off or a sleep error.

I've tried the SleepEnabler.kext to no avail.
I've tried changing the Suspend Mode setting in BIOS from Auto to S3 Only, but that didn't work.

From what I understand, the only thing that will get this card to work is the one thing my computer won't do, sleep!

There's no DSDT on here for this board, and googling finds a few threads on various forums, but it seems like they are customized to each individual's hardware. I am pretty new to this, and DSDTs are still pretty foreign to me. I didn't want to hap-hasardly throw wrong DSDTs in and blindly hope they worked.

This site seems to be specific to ML with my mobo: http://blog.vondroid.com/?p=2631
However, the instructions only say to install the HDAudio.kext after installing Mountain Lion, and "after reboot sound, network, and sleep should work."

If anyone can help me, it would be greatly appreciated!

I own a HD7870 and a GA-Z77X-D3H with an i5-3570K. But my boot process stuck at "AMDPitcairnGraphicsAccelerator" found, if I turn the IGP in the UEFI on.
If I turn the IGP off, I get an bootloader error: "boot0: done" and stuck there.

Any ideas how to fix?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back