Contribute
Register

10.8.3: AMD Radeon HD 7xxx Graphics Testing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having problems too :(
Also, I noticed that after I installed Clover, my system type got changed from 'Mac Pro 5,1' to 'imac 12,2'; is there some way to change it back to 'Mac Pro 5,1'?

You have to rewrite your smBIOS inside config.plist in a way Clover understands. Otherwise, it will detect your hardware and automatically select a smBIOS model that it thinks would be optimal for your computer.

Hi,
I'm using a SAPPHIRE HD7950 3GB (100352-2L) Device ID:1002-679A on a GA-H77M-D3H bios f9

I installed 10.8.3 with iGFX with 7950 out, put card back in & booted using GE=No... All fine, OS X switches to Hd7950 when desktop loads.

Since Chimera couldn't boot with my 7950, I made a clover disk and a Chameleon r2187 disk which can startup the boot process

But if I disable iGfx as shown in the first post of this thread, and try to boot only with HD7950, the system just sits idle after around the line "agpm controller unknown platform".

Clover Detects my Card properly but the Graphics injection is either not working, or may be I'm missing out some Framebuffer setting, don't know how to fix this at all.

Any pointers pls... I'm presume I'm just one step away from a perfectly running system.

My xfx 7950 finally works after two days of failed attempts.After frst boot with -x -v i instald clover,and immediately after thet i installed easy beast and sleep enabeler kext for 10.8 .
After second normal boot i get white screen,i put my pc to sleep,,and after weaking it FINALY WORKD.

http://youtu.be/YTJF4DG0d9Q

---------------------------------------------

http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...-7xxx-graphics-testing-thread.html#post571891

GREAT to see you got it working. I am trying to get a get a good install on an ASUS P8Z77-v and MSI 7950.

Can you please answer these?

What motherboard?

Will it work without a custom DSDT.aml?

How do you put it to sleep with a white screen?

When you installed Clover, did you inject graphics enabler and how?

I am trying everything here to get it to work. Thanks a MILLION!

Ritey

Hi,
I'm using a SAPPHIRE HD7950 3GB (100352-2L) Device ID:1002-679A on a GA-H77M-D3H bios f9

I installed 10.8.3 with iGFX with 7950 out, put card back in & booted using GE=No... All fine, OS X switches to Hd7950 when desktop loads.

Since Chimera couldn't boot with my 7950, I made a clover disk and a Chameleon r2187 disk which can startup the boot process

But if I disable iGfx as shown in the first post of this thread, and try to boot only with HD7950, the system just sits idle after around the line "agpm controller unknown platform".

Clover Detects my Card properly but the Graphics injection is either not working, or may be I'm missing out some Framebuffer setting, don't know how to fix this at all.

Any pointers pls... I'm presume I'm just one step away from a perfectly running system.
Chimera can boot just fine, as long as you use the HD 4000 for one monitor and the 7950 for any others, use Chimera 1.11.1 r1394 (included in MultiBeast 5.2.1), set the iGPU as the primary video adapter, and set the iGPU to disabled (this is likely a bug in the BIOS, you can try both enabled or disabled for this setting).

That's how it's supposed to work. You aren't supposed to see the boot screen on the Radeon with Chimera currently.

Has anyone had any luck with the 7750? I'm running the Z77-DS3H / i3 / 12gb GSkill. I've attempted the quick solution on the front page: Disable Onboard Graphics and set IGFX as first priority. I continue to get the boot0: that everyone else is getting. I do notice that my BIOS is returning back to AUTO instead of IGFX so I wonder if thats an issue. I'd be happy to provide any required info for troubleshooting but this is all I can think of to post right now. Any and all information is greatly appreciated.

Cheers. :)

Got my Gigabyte Radeon HD 7750 OC - 1GB running fine.

Right now the system is:

MSI Z77A-G43
i5 2500k
Gigabyte Radeon HD 7750 OC - 1GB
Crucial M4 + 1Tb WD

Frist I did a fresh install, with a VGA monitor and a DVI one plugged on the motherboard ports (HD3000), of ML 10.8.0, then right away updated with the combo update to 10.8.3. After that I ran multibeast, installing the usual except for the graphics patch of mixed configuration and I had to update to Chamelon r2189 via Chamelon Wizard in order to be able to boot successfully once the graphics card is plugged in. Did a couple of restarts to check if the system was booting without issues. Then I installed the 7750 on the pci port, and connected my main monitor to the card with both DVI and HDMI cables. When booting, the HD3000 with the VGA monitor will take care of the process, and when reaching the desktop the card would kick in.

For some reason, and from the little testing I've done, my 7750 will only work if I connect my monitor with the DVI and HDMI cables at the same time. But I only get image from the DVI one. If I unplug either cable, the card will not kick in on boot. Also, the VGA port on the card is not working for me, but the VGA port from the motherboard (hd3000) is working, but I'm not getting full resolution.

J5BXRIT.png

zGD6Mbc.png

So my 7750 is running really well at 1080p, and I've got an extra monitor via VGA running at 1024x768.

Try using GraphicsEnabler=Yes at Chimera, as that should fix your VGA being stuck at 1024x768 without hindering the 7750 (as long as you use Chimera 1.11.1 r1394, which is included with MultiBeast 5.2.1 and is not 7xxx series-aware).

Has anyone had any luck with the 7750? I'm running the Z77-DS3H / i3 / 12gb GSkill. I've attempted the quick solution on the front page: Disable Onboard Graphics and set IGFX as first priority. I continue to get the boot0: that everyone else is getting. I do notice that my BIOS is returning back to AUTO instead of IGFX so I wonder if thats an issue. I'd be happy to provide any required info for troubleshooting but this is all I can think of to post right now. Any and all information is greatly appreciated.

Cheers. :)
That looks like a BIOS issue, and probably needs its own thread. I think someone else posted the same issue awhile back, too, so I'm guessing a BIOS update could fix that.

For the vapor.x 7970 3gb I did some more testing.

Don´t really know how to test the QE/Ci tried the ripple effect, chess and the screensaver, all good :)
DVD Player works fine ( Lg blu ray player with dvd movie).

On which settings is your unigine heaven locked up ? same on unigine valley ?

let me know if I can test anything else.

cheeers
Unigine Heaven just refused to load, and it black screened my main monitor when I clicked "Run," "Play," or whatever it says. I had Tessellation on moderate, Textures on high, and I think that was all I did.

But Heaven didn't play nicely with my card under Windows, either, so it's a moot result. I think it's more a problem with the program than with the card, since 3DMark and Kombustor work just fine on max settings, moderate settings, and low settings.

Finally my Gigabyte HD 7950 works with my Radeon 6850 (I don't have any integrated graphics on my MB). The test results are the follwings:

Screen Shot 2013-03-20 at 22.34.15.pngScreen Shot 2013-03-20 at 22.52.23.png

I use 2 ports on the 7950 for my 2 displays. Everything seems ok, but accidentally the display order just swapped and I'm not going to rewire the displays. Is it possible to force one of the ports to be the primary?

(Edit: finally I found the way to select the primary display trough System Preferences / Display / Arrangement. It wasn't obvious to dragging the white menu bar on the screens.)

I spent to research about how to install Mountain Lion with unibeast through this website and I got this working with my Gigabyte 7950. But sadly, i had to do the sleep trick and it worked though. Also, my gigabyte UEFI settings- integrated graphic disabled and graphic select- IGPU first, but every reboot, it kept back to set auto anyway...

Here's some screenshots:

IBcAiFc.png

4lbRwuB.png

01GhsTA.png

and last thing is i pressed F11 and selected HDD to boot, but it showed weird texts, however, if I boot the unibeast, it would directly into ML no problem. I don't know why.

Try using GraphicsEnabler=Yes at Chimera, as that should fix your VGA being stuck at 1024x768 without hindering the 7750 (as long as you use Chimera 1.11.1 r1394, which is included with MultiBeast 5.2.1 and is not 7xxx series-aware).

That looks like a BIOS issue, and probably needs its own thread. I think someone else posted the same issue awhile back, too, so I'm guessing a BIOS update could fix that.

Unigine Heaven just refused to load, and it black screened my main monitor when I clicked "Run," "Play," or whatever it says. I had Tessellation on moderate, Textures on high, and I think that was all I did.

But Heaven didn't play nicely with my card under Windows, either, so it's a moot result. I think it's more a problem with the program than with the card, since 3DMark and Kombustor work just fine on max settings, moderate settings, and low settings.

I've tried all previous suggestions and still no luck. I've tried what I believe to be every combination in the BIOS and what not. I've updated the BIOS and it still reverts. I'm using Z77-DS3H 1.1 F10F BIOS Version. Still no luck, is there something I'm not doing right? Maybe I'm not saving a setting correctly in the BIOS or missing a KEXT that I don't know about. I've went through the forums multiple times and have yet to find a truly similar situation. It's possible that I missed it, if anyone has found it would you be so kind as to point me in the right direction. Thank you very much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back