Contribute
Register

10.8.3: AMD Radeon HD 7xxx Graphics Testing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are reporting 10.8.4 fixes the AA issue in the Unigine benchmark. Can you 7xxx owners please post us some benchmarks at high/extreme/ultra settings now? Especially interested in 7970 performance at max settings.

I installed clover and I get to the clover screen I boot into mac but when I hear the graphics card, which is a 7970 quiet down which I think means it is booted. It shows no thing on my screen just black and i try pressing power button to make it sleep and pressing again to wake and I sill get black screen.

Please Help!!

Try booting with PCIRootUID=0 or PCIRootUID=1 :thumbup:

People are reporting 10.8.4 fixes the AA issue in the Unigine benchmark. Can you 7xxx owners please post us some benchmarks at high/extreme settings now? Especially interested in 7970 performance.

I attached a pic of my heaven test at extreme with everything maxed out. 38fps average score of 958. Using Gigabyte 7970 OC

Attachments

• Untitled.tiff
    3.7 MB · Views: 152
I can confirm that AA in Heaven is now an option. I am too embarrassed to post my benchmarks - I have a 7750 - but it is a passive card so back off!! I'm teasing. But the numbers really are pathetic. However, better than my former passive GPU, a GT 640, so I'm pleased as punch. Now if only we can get Chimera/Chameleon updated so it plays nice with these 7xxx we can all be happy. Not pointing any fingers *cough* MacMan *cough* :)

Ok, all of my hackintosh parts should be here tomorrow.

Most importantly:
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
2 Sapphire 7970 Vapor-X in Crossfire

Is there anyone out there with a similar build that has gotten this to work and can give me some pointers?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-06-05 at 3.11.40 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-06-05 at 3.11.40 AM.png
    57.6 KB · Views: 114
  • vsgtx680.jpg
    vsgtx680.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 139
Hi all,

I added a similar post to a similar thread on 7xxx cards and 10.8.3, but since this one also has a lot of readership and a list of working cards in the OP, I thought I would post here as well.

My steps were basic:

1. Clean install of 10.8.3 from App Store using on board graphics
2. Run Multibeast 5.3 to get Chimera
3. Adjust all UEFI/BIOS settings
4. Plug in HD 7750

Type: 7750
Brand: Sapphire
Model: Sapphire HD 7750 Ultimate
Device ID: 0x683F1002

I realize I may be a bit late to this party, but wanted to add that that the Sapphire 7750 Ultimate worked for me out of the box with an Asus P8Z77M Pro. I had to set primary graphics to igpu and disable the function that allows igpu and pcie to work together in the UEFI. I cannot get to the UEFI anymore so before changing the settings you should get all your overclocking and hot swapping settings correct. However, I do not have a white screen and do not need the fb rotate or sleep trick. After pushing the power button the first thing I see on my screen is the OSX desktop opening. I use quiet boot and have no OSX password. Feel free to add this card to the growing list. I have full acceleration (ripple on adding widgets in Dashboard and DVD Player does not crash) and do not use any kind of ATI Config line.

Does your DP work?

Does your DP work?

Have not tried it yet. I have an old 23" Apple Cinema Display (aluminum model) so I use the DVI. Interestingly when I tried one time to use the HDMI/DVI adapter that comes with the mac mini and plug the monitor into the HDMI port on my 7750 it did not work. I did not try to figure out what was wrong or try again - I just plug the DVI back in.

I attached a pic of my heaven test at extreme with everything maxed out. 38fps average score of 958. Using Gigabyte 7970 OC

thanks! here's my GTX670 result. FPS: 39.4, score: 994. that's slightly higher than your 7970. if these are representative figures some AMD fan boys might wanna review their statements that AMD smokes nvidia at openGL. openCL is another case, of course.

Attachments

• 130524 10.8.3 Unigine_Heaven_Benchmark_4.0_20130524_2154.jpg
    130524 10.8.3 Unigine_Heaven_Benchmark_4.0_20130524_2154.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 135
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back