Contribute
Register

10.8.2 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
The right way (for the time) is the rollback on AppleACPIPlatform.kext.
Thanks the @unixservice and insaleymac.

Thanks, that make the trick, all working again.

This worked for me as well. Thanks.

I just installed 10.8.2 update (from 10.8.1) and had no issues w/ kernel panics.

Missing audio drivers (Realtek ALC888b) - so re ran multibeast 5.0.2

GA-Z77-DS3H, GTX 670...

So not sure if this is isolated to some users and not others?

Ok got it. Updated with combo update, then installed the AppleACPIPlatform.kext with Kext Beast and repaired permissions before restarting. No audio on reboot, so ran Multibeast driver. Still no audio. Checked sound output in System Prefs - external speakers working with Internal Speakers selected. No idea what they were before.

I also had to run the Terminal command to enable OpenCL on the 560 again. Everything seems ok now, or at least as it was before.

Thank you, worked perfectly. I only installed this kext, i couldnt find the oemsmbios.kext file at all.

When I go to safe mode, my screen turns white but I can only see my mouse curser and nothing else...any idea why?
So I can't reinstall my kext

When I go to safe mode, my screen turns white but I can only see my mouse curser and nothing else...any idea why?
So I can't reinstall my kext

just combo update.. and install the kext mentioned on the first page. through kextbeast.. repair permission using lion multibeast.. and then reboot ur computer..

i feel like im the only person that didnt have this problem wish is a supise

Please help! What should i do?? This the photo from -v mode. Can not bot in any mode, i have m.lion 10.8 on second disk if that helps?

Attachments

• photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 645
Is there any guide that works safe by now?
I read all the Posts witch the -x and kext replacement method, but i don't want to risk a system crash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back