Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello All,

Not sure if this is discussed somewhere else, I searched for a bit, but was unable to find a solution.

I've had all versions of OS X running on this machine and never had a major issues other than the standard/common issues. I recently did a clean install of Mountain Lion and combo update to 10.8.2. I used MultiBeast of course, with DSDT for GA-X58A-UD3R-F7. Everything seemed to be running smooth, I had the typical no audio, I used ML: Optimized Realtek AppleHDA - Preview/Alpha and restored audio. Everything seemed to work perfectly...

When I try to launch Garageband or Main Stage I receive an error, Failed to Initialize MIDI Server. Neither program starts. Never had issues in the past.

When I go to Audio MIDI Setup, it sits at loading... then hangs, and drops a Failed to Initialize MIDI Server.

Other forums have said to delete any midi drivers, restart and try again, but I've gone into /Library/Audio/MidiDrivers/ and it was empty. I did this under the /User/ library as well, empty. I don't think there are any incompatible midi drivers, unless they are stored elsewhere. I used time machine and replaced some other drivers from my 10.8.1 install, but I ran into the same issues, Failed to Initialize MIDI server. I have since removed those.

Could this be from the Alpha driver? Anyone else having issues? Any recommend ML midi drivers to install?

Any help would be appreciated, been going at this one for 3 days. :)

Thanks,

D

I have the same problem—tried a clean install, no success.

That's EXACTLY the same to me!
Fresh install ML 10.8.2
On my Lion 10.7.4. partition, Logic Studio runs smoothly.
Tried all methods: deleting midi drivers, reinstall them from scratch, from 10.7.4, repairing permission etc... No luck!
I'm gonna try with a fresh installation of 10.8.1, to see what happens. Maybe it's the last update that causes the issue.
I'll post results as soon as I can.

I have the same issue. I have also tried all of the above. I am out of ideas.

HELP!!!

I have not found a solution, here is what I have tested (outside of what was previously posted):

I did a clean install on 10.8 and used the combo update to 10.8.2, with UniBeast. I then used MutliBeast and loaded my usual stuff, skipping audio. I then modified my DSDT for device_id = 1, and loaded the ML AppleHDA Alpha/Preview for the 889. My motherboard is a GA-X58A-UD3R.

Audio works, but audio Midi Setup still fails and so does any application calling the 'midi server' (garageband, MainStage, audio midi setup...).

I then reverted back to a clone of 10.8.1, everything worked appropriately.

Seems to be the 10.8.2 update, or the Alpha driver....

I have since loaded 10.8.2, but look forward to a solution...

I am also having this same issue. I have not yet updated it to 10.8.2 and am still on a fresh install. Is there any multibeast options I should try? I have gone through my midi drivers and checked them all out to make sure nothing there was buggin it, but no avail. My setup is in my sig.

I am also running to problems with MIDI timeout in Logic Pro... I am a music major and I have a lot of upcoming projects and projects due soon... I am going back to Lion right now. Sucky thing is that the App Store only have 10.7.5, which Unibeast is having trouble with.

I have found a temporary solution. I disabled the USB3 support in the bios. Midi is working now. Logic Pro no longer hangs on "Checking Midi". I don't really need USB3 for now.

Hoping for a better fix...

Hope this helps.

I can confirm that disable the USB 3 function in your bios bypasses the Checking Midi's error in logic. Thanks a bunch, @toomanyboats.

I wonder why USB 3 is causing the problem though, could it be the USB 3.0 drivers from Multibeast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back