Contribute
Register

10.8.2 Brings Complete Native Support for NVIDIA GF100, GF110 and GK104

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: 10.8.2 Brings Complete Native Support for NVIDIA GF100, GF110 and GK104

I'm on Mountain Lion 10.8.2 with GTX 570 and DSDT.aml from MultiBeast, but if I put "GraphicEnabler=No" system doesn't boot. I have only network and audio kext installed. Everything works ok except the problems with Premiere CS6 where it sometimes freezes the preview picture and timeline. Especially when some filters are added to clips. Only reboot helps.
So I tried latest Nvidia 340 drives and system hangs. I revert old drivers and boot normally but problem with Premiere is still there. Is there any solution to go without injector with GraphicEnabler=No?
The article says
When using GeForce GTX 6xx cards in Mountain Lion, you need to use GraphicsEnabler=No.

Why are you then using Genabler= no? You need to set it to yes.

Also Multibeast doesn't come with any DSDTs. You must download one and place it on your desktop when you run MB

Good luck!

Article: 10.8.2 Brings Complete Native Support for NVIDIA GF100, GF110 and GK104

My GTX 670 didn't work with 3 screens (Dell U2412m) I had two on DVI and one via HDMI and when I plugged it in the 2 existing displays flashed and nothing changed. Still no video on the 3rd via HDMI.

Rebooted. Had HDMI and 1 DVI monitor working. Unplugged HDMI and both DVI monitors worked. So it looks like 2 monitors max still.

Using iMac 12,2 SMBIOS

Will do a fresh install tonight and try again.

and what about the gtx 650? Does it work OOB?

From my experience is does, just make sure and select 'GraphicsEnabler=no' when installing MultiBeast, or you will boot to a white screen. BTW, I updated my ML UniBeast installer to 10.8.2, so all these drivers are active by default on installation. Cheers!

really curious about triple monitor support, that's the only thing holding me back from updating my perfectly working 6850 to a 660ti...

or can i use dual screen on a 660 ti and use my hd4000 for the third?

how would one do that exactly?

really curious about triple monitor support, that's the only thing holding me back from updating my perfectly working 6850 to a 660ti...

or can i use dual screen on a 660 ti and use my hd4000 for the third?

how would one do that exactly?

You can do this with any GraphicsEnabler = no card:

[h=2]How to enable HD4000 on a Z77 board. (Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5 TH)[/h][h=2]COMPONENTS[/h]
  • GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UP5 TH LGA 1155 Intel Z77 Thunderbolt Motherboard Newegg
  • Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) HD 4000 GraphicsNewegg
  • Noctua NH-D14 120mm & 140mm SSO CPU Cooler Newgg
  • CORSAIR Vengeance LP 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Newegg
  • 120 GB OWC Mercury Electra 3G SSD MacSales
  • Seasonic SeaSonic X760 -760W 80Plus Gold Certified ATX12V PSU Newegg
  • SilverStone RAVEN Series RV03 Newegg
[h=2]Procedure:[/h]
  • Install the latest version of Chimera to your boot drive. (Link)
  • Locate org.chameleon.Boot.plist which is in /Extra
  • Download this text file: Link
  • In your org.chameleon.Boot.plist make sure GraphicsEnabler is set to No. Then below theGraphicsEnabler line copy and past the text from the text file.
  • Like so: (most of the string has been truncated)
UhVjq.png

• Save and Reboot
  • In your BIOS change Primary Graphics to IGFX and set Internal Memory Size to 32mb and verify that DVMT Total Memory Size is set to MAX.
  • Save settings and Reboot.
[h=2]Notes:[/h]
  • My Asus GTX670 Top (GTX670-DC2T-2GD5) works along side with the HD4000. No performance hit. In the BIOS you must set the HD4000 as the primary GPU. The additional card /s must be compatible with GraphicsEnabler=no.
  • Here is is machine pushing a GTX 670 + ATI 6870 + HD4000: Link
  • This guide was made on the Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5 TH. If you can’t get the HD4000 to work go to this thread: Link and look for a better fitting EFI-string for your setup.
Source TonyMac Forum thread: Link
Ask questions here: Link

AIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYAH!

But my GTX 680 already works without gfx enabler in 10.8? Do I really need to update?

Anyway I probally will.

I constantly get a white screen when trying to boot with the GTX 670. Any suggestions?

I fixed it by GraphicsEnabler=No

Dumb question. What is the recommended method for undoing the patch we applied to make the GTX 670/680 work until now? I did a clean install with 10.8.2 last week, and I checked the box on that enabler (per the instructions at the time). I'm assuming (since my system works) that it isn't necessary to remove anything. But I always like running as unmodified a system as a I can, so just curious as to how to restore to default state.

how about GF104 (GTX460) :(

So if I baught for my Gigabyte - Z77X-UP5H with 3770K,
one of those graphic cards :
GeForce GTX 660 Ti
GeForce GTX 670
GeForce GTX 680

it will work almost like out of the box ?

Just need to :
1. Purchase the OS X Mountain Lion Application from the Mac App Store
2. Prepare a UniBeast USB flash drive
3. Install OS X Mountain Lion
4. Install the bootloader and drivers using MultiBeast

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back