Contribute
Register

10.8.0 --> 10.8.2 Now getting boot errors On Gigabyte z68xp - have you heard of this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z68-XP-UD3
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
GTX 660 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Hey guys,

I updated to 10.8.2 from 10.8.1 and had no issues at all on 10.8.1. After updating now when I shut down my system, I get a BIOS error box saying bad boot configuration. I would assume it has to do with CMOS but it seems like it is an Boot record issue and not cmos. I was hoping has anyone else come across this? I am stumped as I have not changed or tweaked anything else and don't see anyone else with a post on this.

Thanks,

Haze

Alright,

I did some more digging and found that the system is was losing some of my BIOS settings as well. I installed ElliotForceLegacy and system is running correctly..

However I was wondering what could've caused this between 10.8 and 10.8.2? I have a z68xp-ud3 running DSDT from this site. Could the DSDT be causing it?

* The issue seems to be coming out of "sleep" mode. I said it that way cause since 10.8.2 the system doesn't go to sleep on it's own properly and when it comes back it takes forever to shut down (usually under 7 seconds, but then takes around 30 seconds with spinning white gear screen).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back