Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
STEP 1:
Make sure you have a fully working 10.6.8 installed. "Vanilla" no crazy stuff.

STEP 2:
If you don't do step one first, don't ask for help, refer back to step one and use the search function to help get to step 1. Do not flood 10.7 forums with step 1 questions.

Step 3:
After finally get past step 1. Follow Tonys guide to install Lion:http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/07/xmove-multibeast-install-os-x-107-lion.html

If xmove fails to install:
mount you installesd.dmg from you Lion app you got from the app store
now it should install if it didn't previously. Yes it can take up to 20 minutes so be patient, if the hard drive light is blinking or lit solid, it is working, take a chill pill, and let it finish.

Step 4:
After you have installed xmove on a partition or a usb drive, reboot.

Step 5:
At the chimera loader select the drive or partition where you just installed xmove and boot from it.

Step 6.
Install over an existing Snow Leopard or run Disk utilities and format your Hard drive and do a "FRESH INSTALL" if you like; either or works fine.

Special note, If you can't figure out step 1 no matter what:
If you can get into 10.6.x and can use iTunes or app store to download Lion jump to step "4" Do not try to install Lion on 10.6.x cause it probably aint going to work. Just go to step 4, mount the .dmg in step 4 and run xmove and make your bootable partition or usb drive. I hope you don't need 10.6.8 to download Lion, or you will need to go back to step 1. Someone please try to download lion pre 10.6.8 and post if it works, if it does everyone with step 1 trouble will be home free.

Please only post 10.7 questions in 10.7 threads. We don't need to reread all the things of other version all over again. Use search, your answer are on the forum.

Try it. This forum and these methods are for tonymacx86 tools only. There will be no support for other tools here.

roadrunner197069 said:
Try it. This forum and these methods are for tonymacx86 tools only. There will be no support for other tools here.

its been about 30min that xmove has been on about a minute. And led is still blinking on usb. Its still working taking a while mabye this hub is slowing it down...

Sir I cant get 10.6.8 to work. Im on 10.6.3 if I will be able to make the xMove installer drive as I have saved the installESD, can I do a fresh install of Lion on an empty drive?

XMove worked fine here, my issue is the com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement KP.

:banghead:

HardRom - try using the nullcpumanagement.kext installed in E/E

worked for me

Attachments

• NullCPUPowerManagement.kext.zip
    27.9 KB · Views: 190
quobetah said:
Sir I cant get 10.6.8 to work. Im on 10.6.3 if I will be able to make the xMove installer drive as I have saved the installESD, can I do a fresh install of Lion on an empty drive?

As long as you are booting to 10.6.3 with the latest chimera, your golden. Iboot will not boot this image.

tom.humphrey said:

worked for me

Tom,

How can I please? This is during the first reboot? I ran Xmove, rebooted, chose the installer drive, tried a bunch of flags now (cpus=1, arch=i386, graphicsenabler=no)... I haven't even installed yet. :(

HardRom said:
tom.humphrey said:

worked for me

Tom,

How can I please? This is during the first reboot? I ran Xmove, rebooted, chose the installer drive, tried a bunch of flags now (cpus=1, arch=i386, graphicsenabler=no)... I haven't even installed yet. :(

Go back into snow and change it. Then boot into Lion.

roadrunner197069 said:
HardRom said:
tom.humphrey said:

worked for me

Tom,

Go back into snow and change it. Then boot into Lion.
I'll give it a go.

edit: Worked! Thanks! I didn't even boot with any flags! :)
edit 2: Spinning BBOD. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back