Contribute
Register

10.7.5 update issue with CPU power management.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HackPro
CPU
i7 2600
Graphics
Radeon HD 6850
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So i just updated from 10.7.3 to 10.7.5. Everything works fine except my geekbench score just cut in half and my video render times doubled. I'm blaming the CPU power management issue that came with 10.7.4 (which is why I didn't update to it).
Unfortunately the setting for CPU power mngmnt in Multibeast is only set as being for 10.7.4. Anyone know of any kexts out there for 10.7.5? I actually found one here on tonymac but it didn't work.

Do I need to go back to 10.7.3 and then step up from 7.4 to 7.5?
My other option I suppose is go to right to Mountain Lion, but my HD 6850 seems to be a thorn in my side there.

thanks!
D
_____
i7 2600
gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
gigabyte AMD Radeon HD 6850
16GB corsair vengeance RAM

60GB corsair force GT SSD
120GB Sandisk extreme SSD
1TB HDD

So i just updated from 10.7.3 to 10.7.5. Everything works fine except my geekbench score just cut in half and my video render times doubled. I'm blaming the CPU power management issue that came with 10.7.4 (which is why I didn't update to it).
Unfortunately the setting for CPU power mngmnt in Multibeast is only set as being for 10.7.4. Anyone know of any kexts out there for 10.7.5? I actually found one here on tonymac but it didn't work.

Do I need to go back to 10.7.3 and then step up from 7.4 to 7.5?
My other option I suppose is go to right to Mountain Lion, but my HD 6850 seems to be a thorn in my side there.

thanks!
D
_____
i7 2600
gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
gigabyte AMD Radeon HD 6850
16GB corsair vengeance RAM

60GB corsair force GT SSD
120GB Sandisk extreme SSD
1TB HDD

Hello,
I don't know if this applies to you but i have to patch AICPUPM.kext every time since wrmsr blocked by BIOS on my Dell Vostro 3500.
I have managed to patch AICPUPM.kext version 195.0.0 using AICPMPatch.pl by El Coniglio.
before, 10 wrmsr instances were patched.
on Lion 10.7.5 , 11 instances are patched so i commented a piece of code (with # sign) which prevented more than 10 instances.
Be careful not to run twice the patch. Save AICPUPM.kext to another place before patching !
I always test and then patch :

test :
cd ~/Downloads // wherever you file is
perl AICPMPatcl.pl /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement

patch :

sudo perl AICPMPatcl.pl /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement --patch

modification to AICPMPatch.perl needed (comment code with #) :

#if($#enderecos != 9) {
#print "file is already patched or untested version\n\n";
#next;
#}

I haven't succeeded yet with update 10.7.5
I get KPs with fakesmc.kext with older versions of IOPCIFamily.kext and AppleACPIPlatform.kext or with AppleACPIBatteryManager.kext with current versions of IOPCIFamily.kext and AppleACPIPlatform.kext.
I know i need to do some DSDT edits to fix this permanently for Lion.
so using 10.6.8 right now...

No patching needed. Just proper setup.

BIOS, DSDT, SSDT, MachineID (SMBIOS.plist)
(you can choose it out of Multibeast 4.6.1)

SSDT: i7 no OC
SMBIOS: MacMini, MacPro, MacBookPro, NOT Imac ( speedstep there is a fake)

look for MSRDumper.kext to test speedstep or at least HW Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back