Contribute
Register

10.7.5 to 10.9? DSDT or UEFI? - GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3, i7 2600k, nVidia GeForce GT 520

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z68MA-D2H-B3 / El Capitan
CPU
i7 2600k
Graphics
GeForce GT 520 1024 MB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
Hello guys :)

It has been a while since I've build my firs hackintosh, and I've seen that loads of things have changed since then.
I remember I've posted this guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-builds/53416-success-z68ma-d2h-b3-i5-2500-raid1-user-folder.html

Since that day, I've just upgraded the CPU to i7, and I've changed the serial number using Chameleon Wizard smbios options, setting MacBookPro6,2.

The reason of this post is that a friend of mine highly recommended me to upgrade to Mavericks.
With 10.7.5 I had just few kernel panics and some little sporadic issues with sleep mode, but overall works.
Anyway, I'd like to give it a try, maybe using an external hard drive to test, and then proceed with the upgrade.

Here my questions:

1. I'm currently on BIOS F10. Should I upgrade to UEFI U1c? I've read some posts and it seems USB 3.0 does not work so I'm a bit worried. Also, apologies for the question but... is there any improvement? Or it's just because it doesn't require the DSDT file?
Personally, I don't find so hard to do an extra click in MultiBeast and select it ;) Any reason why I should upgrade to UEFI bios (still considered beta from the manufacture's website)?

2. If the installation goes well, and all works, is there any suggested way to UPGRADE the current 10.7.5? I've never run that installer so I'm not sure if it detects the previous OS and just upgrade instead of wiping the HD and installing a brand new version. I've already created the USB installer following this guide http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibeast-install-os-x-mavericks-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

3. Once all done, which smbios option I should choose in Chameleon Wizard selections (attached list), to best reflect my current hardware configuration?
Z68MA-D2H-B3 + i7 2600k + GeForce GT 520 1024 MB
Is MacBookPro 6,2 right?

I think these questions are covering my main concerns :)

Thanks in advance, as usual, for your comments! ^.^

Attachments

• Chameleon_Wizard_selections.jpg
    Chameleon_Wizard_selections.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 192
In order to do without the DSDT you must update your BIOS to a UEFI BIOS and U1c indicates a Beta BIOS and Beta BIOS is not recommended because all the bugs are not out yet. Since you already have a DSDT, and are on a legacy BIOS right now, I would suggest a clean install to another drive and try it. Run MultiBeast post install and select same items you selected before then copy over your DSDT to /Extra.

Whether it is an improvement, only you can say. If you like it better, then you can migrate your files over from the Lion drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back