Contribute
Register

10.7.5 and 10.8.2 Supplemental Updates now integrated into default Mac App Store Installers

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonymacx86

Administrator
Staff member
Motherboard
Z370N WIFI
CPU
i7 8700K
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
new.jpg

Apple has now rolled the 10.7.5 and 10.8.2 Supplemental Updates into the default 10.7.5 and 10.8.2 App downloads available in the Mac App Store.

Does this change the installing process with uni-Beast?

Does this change the installing process with uni-Beast?

No. Everything is exactly the same with the slightly updated versions.

How are you getting Lion 10.7.5 from the app store? Pretty sure they removed it, no?

Yes, they've removed 10.7 Lion from the 10.8 Mountain Lion Mac App Store, because you can't go backwards.

However, if you're on 10.6 Snow Leopard or 10.7 Lion, you still have the option to use Lion, so you can download the Install OS X Lion 10.7 App installer.

Weird I am on Lion 10.7.5 and Lion doesn't even show up in my App Store or list of Purchases. Got a link?

This says they've removed it.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/07/25/apple-retires-lion-from-mac-app-store-theres-a-new-king-in-tow/

It's under Purchases in the Mac App Store. You can't get to the link from Mtn Lion unless you've purchased Lion previously. Hence if you went from 10.6 Snow Leopard > 10.8 Mtn Lion you can't go to 10.7 Lion, or purchase it- this is what happens:

screen.png

EDIT: I just tried from 10.6.8 Snow Leopard, and 10.7 Lion is not available there either unless you've previously purchased it. It's Mountain Lion or nothing- but that is a good thing! Mountain Lion is OS X.

I think I need to delete the Install Lion OS X.app first and option click. Just found your instructions. Gonna see if that works. I def went from SL to Lion and then Lion to Mt. Lion.

EDIT..

Hmm, I can't get to it even by Option Clicking on the App Store then Option Clicking on Purchases even after deleting the Install Mac OS X Lion.app

Color me confused. Would love to update my stick with a 10.7.5 installer.

Go to the MAS using the App Store app. Option-Click on Purchases at the top of the App Store window. You will now see all your purchases, and they're available for re-downloading. :thumbup: Have at it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back