5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I see they came out with a fix for the i5 & i7, but those cpus were not the the only one's effected by 10.7.4 update. I've been using the temp fix viewtopic.php?f=169&t=59889&hilit=sandy+bridge+temp+fix

but the boot time is super slow, the comp gets hot now, & the os is way slower than 10.7.3 :x. Does anyone know if there is a patched ssdt out for this processor?
I posted one I extracted here viewtopic.php?f=259&t=60676 hoping for some help but nothing came from that. Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advanced...

My "cpu package multiplier" stays at x8.0

"Still waiting for root device" Manually edit org.chameleon.boot.plist with Plist Editor pro "GraphicsEnabler=No" It should boot up no Prob. 4530s i5-2450 8 GB ram, Installed Atheros ar9285 purchased from Ebay.

maly70 said:
Hi mate,
you mean you have successfully installed 10.74 and your pro book is running it??
how did you manage that! Congratulation

i did manage to installed successfully but at the boot i always get "Waiting for boot device". I wonder why i tried all possible boot flags but still the same. if you know how to get rid of it i would appreciate it for some Tips.
Thank you

Yeah it's running but it's a temp fix.
viewtopic.php?f=169&t=59889&hilit=sandy+bridge+temp+fix
MacMan
There is an issue with running OS X 10.7.4 on some Sandy Bridge CPUs. Apple has upgraded the power management kexts and it is affecting performance. What you will happen is the CPU will be stuck at a 16x multiplier and limiting it to run at 1.6 GHz.

An easy way to check if you've been affected is run Geekbench- if your scores are cut in half, you're affected.

So what can you do? If you can hold off on upgrading wait until we have a complete solution. Otherwise the only solution is to manually edit org.chameleon.Boot.plist and do the following.

1. Open your /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist with /Applications/TextEdit
2. Delete these 2 lines if they exist:

Code:
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>

3. Add these 2 lines if they don't exist.

Code:
<key>DropSSDT</key>
<string>Yes</string>

4. Save the plist
5. Reboot.

We will be adding an option in MultiBeast to do this soon if you don't want to edit the file yourself.

Please add any relevant testing information to this thread. Thanks.

UPDATE:

Upon further testing we have found that a proper SSDT can solve this issue. We are working on creating a generic SSDT for any Sandy Bridge CPU and a tool to edit your org.chameleon.boot.plist with the proper settings. This SSDT would be used in addition to the DSDT you are using.

Also I have found on Gigabyte Z68 boards you MUST have the following setting in the BIOS:

Real-Time Ratio Changes in OS: Disabled
CPU EIST Function: Enabled (if available)

If not you will still get the p-state stepper error at boot and CPU ratio locked at 16.

UPDATE 2:

10.7.4 Power Management and Sandy Bridge CPUs
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2012/05/ ... ridge.html

Plus patched kext from
BigDonkey said:
All native 10.7.4 patched kexts for 4530S
viewtopic.php?f=259&p=372765#p372765

My proc is i5 2450m.
10.7.0 -- upgrade with combo to 10.7.4 -- hp installer --- changed 4 kexts with 10.7.4 ones (using kext wizard, repair and clearing cache) but i get always
KP with AppleIntelCpuPowerManagement.
My bios is F20, what's the prroblem??
I've already tried to use SSDT in multibeast with dsdt installation.
Same results. With or without AppleIntelCpu....kets for 10.7.4 included in multibeast.
How did you get 10.7.4 working?

If i use a good SSDT should i install AppleIntelCpu mod version for 10.7.4 too or not?

frenguccio said:
My proc is i5 2450m.
10.7.0 -- upgrade with combo to 10.7.4 -- hp installer --- changed 4 kexts with 10.7.4 ones (using kext wizard, repair and clearing cache) but i get always
Same results. With or without AppleIntelCpu....kets for 10.7.4 included in multibeast.

If i use a good SSDT should i install AppleIntelCpu mod version for 10.7.4 too or not?

All I did was use
MacMan's solution posted, here is the original thread.

http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=1 ... e+temp+fix

Code:
<string>Yes</string>

Code:
<key>DropSSDT</key>
<string>Yes</string>

4. Save the plist
5. Reboot.

:arrow: HERE IS THE OFFICIAL FIX http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2012/05/ ... ridge.html

You have an i5 so you should be able to use the new multibeast patched ssdt. But the above solution should work until you can get your configurations right. Hope you can figure it out, keep us posted.

tegezee said:
frenguccio said:
My proc is i5 2450m.

All I did was use
MacMan's solution posted, here is the original thread.

viewtopic.php?f=169&t=59889&hilit=sandy+bridge+temp+fix

Code:
<string>Yes</string>

Code:
<key>DropSSDT</key>
<string>Yes</string>

4. Save the plist
5. Reboot.

:arrow: HERE IS THE OFFICIAL FIX http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2012/05/ ... ridge.html

You have an i5 so you should be able to use the new multibeast patched ssdt. But the above solution should work until you can get your configurations right. Hope you can figure it out, keep us posted.

It is my understanding that if you are using a SSDT then you DO NOT need to change your boot plist?

You use drop SSDT if you are not using a SSDT?

I get a KP if I don't use drop SSDT string too? If you use a SSDT then maybe you don't need to use the patched AppleIntelCpu.kext? Maybe thats the problem?

Try and report back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back