RAM: 12 GB DDR3
HDD1: 4 x HP SAS 146 GB 15k 3,5" RAID-10
HDD2: 2 TB Western Digital SATA 3,5"
HDD3: 128 GB Kingston SSD 2,5"
HDD4: 160 GB Toshiba SATA 2,5"
External HDDs:
1 TB LaCie External USB2 SATA
2 TB Buffalo External USB2 SATA
WEBCAM: Logitech (an old one, don't remember the specs, grey ball-shaped sitting on top of my display frame)
AUDIO: USB A-link 5.1 + Integrated
STYLUS TABLET: Bamboo Touch and Pen tablet
GPU1: Nvidia GTX 570 1,2 GB
GPU2: Nvidia GT 520 1 GB
Keyboard: Logitech G15 USB keyboard
Mouse: Logitech G9x USB mouse
Display1: Dell P2312H 24" at 1920x1080
Display2: Samsung B2340 24" at 1920x1080
Display3: Dell 27" IPS at 2560x1440
USB CARD: Belkin USB2 PCI card

BIOS:
Default HP BIOS settings (HT disabled, All Cores Enabled, SATA RAID+AHCI)

Hardware configuration/layout:
No SATA ports used, everything is plugged to SAS ports (LSI MEGARAID controller).

Install preparation:
1. Unibeast 1.3.0 with App Store's OS X Lion 10.7.4
2. I REMOVED NOTHING ( :eek: :eek:) from the case/mb before, during or after the installation!
3. No PS2 keyboard or mouse required - USB works throughout the setup; all the way to the desktop!

Install method:
1. boot with NO custom flags, just hit enter to boot from the Unibeast USB stick :eek:
2. partition the disk with disk util, used GPT

Post-install:
1. MultiBeast Lion Edition 4.5.1 with EasyBeast: System Utilities: Repair Permissions, Audio: VoodooHDA 0.2.7.3, Misc: FakeSMC + plugins, Bootloaders: Chimera v1.9.2 r13934
2. Chameleon Wizard: Chameleon 2.1svn r1957
3. Nvidia drivers: cudadriver-4-1.2.7-macos.dmg and Retail_270.00.00f06.dmg
5. Boot Args: boot-uuid=45946778-F859-308E-A737-B678BC4AD779 rd=*uuid npci=0x3000 darkwake=0 -v GraphicsEnabler=yes

What's working / tested:
* USB audio
* Internal Audio
* Ethernet
* Webcam
* USB Keyboard + Mouse
* 64-bit kernel
* QE/CI
* multi GPU (GT 520 + GTX 570)
* multi display (three displays extended mode :headbang: :mrgreen: )
* Internal Storage (Windows / NTFS read only, as expected)
* External USB Storage
* Belkin USB PCI card
* Time Machine backup to External HFS+ Journaled USB MBR partition
* HWmonitor reads temps from CPUs and Cores, GPUs and HDDs, reads fan speeds and CPU clock speeds
* App Store
* iCloud
* EncFS
* OSXFuse
* MacFusion
* Google Drive
* Dropbox
* Photo Booth
* Virtualization

What's not working or not tested:
* Hyper-Threading (not tested)
* BluRay writer (not tested)
* WiFi (not tested)
* RAID-10 logical disk not appearing
* SAS disks not appearing (however, SATA disks plugged to SAS controller are working)
* fan speed reading from GPUs (might be slightly off but HWmonitor shows GPU0 at 0 rpm and twice the GPU1 409 RPM idle) seems OK after reboot
* Bluetooth (going to get a BT dongle and hook up Apple Wireless Keyboard and Apple Mighty Mouse later on...)

Other notes:
1. Boot time is decent, not the best nor the worst but boots up from BIOS handover to desktop in couple mins.
2. GTX 570 idles at about 60c - dunno if its normal (HP idle fan speed at default; the lowest setting) but all good - GT 520 idles at 39c

If screenshots are requested of any specific feature, I'm happy to deliver what's possible.

I am planning on using this setup as my main work rig and booting to Windows only for Visual Studio dev stuff. When fully stable and tested, I'm going to move this to the 128 GB SSD from this old 5400 RPM SATA 2,5" notebook drive which it sits currently at (I have internal HDD backplane and a custom 2,5" SATA backplane consuming a single optical expansion bay).

EDIT: attached screenshots from Chameleon Wizard displaying boot loader version, boot.plist settings and bdmesg log.
EDIT2: added picture from reference build of the machine and updated more feature testing results
EDIT3: added screenshots from about this mac and system info and translucent lite showing 16 cores :p
EDIT4: more screenshots in below since I've hit the 10 screenshot limit...

Attachments

• chameleon_1_install.png
    chameleon_1_install.png
    104 KB · Views: 1,635
  • chameleon_2_boot_plist.png
    chameleon_2_boot_plist.png
    137.9 KB · Views: 1,792
  • chameleon_3_SMBios.png
    chameleon_3_SMBios.png
    121.2 KB · Views: 1,610
  • chameleon_4_bdmesg.txt
    13.2 KB · Views: 718
  • about_this_mac.png
    about_this_mac.png
    37.1 KB · Views: 1,397
  • about_this_mac_more1.png
    about_this_mac_more1.png
    80 KB · Views: 2,194
  • about_this_mac_more2.png
    about_this_mac_more2.png
    65.2 KB · Views: 1,217
  • about_this_mac_more3.png
    about_this_mac_more3.png
    127.4 KB · Views: 1,292
  • sysinfo1_hw.png
    sysinfo1_hw.png
    92.2 KB · Views: 1,409
  • sysinfo2_hwraid.png
    sysinfo2_hwraid.png
    64.7 KB · Views: 1,158
Hi Jaleskin,

I juz wondering do you have any OS install in your workstation (i.e windows 7) before begin the UniBeast installation process since I already tried but I can't manage to find my hard disk during the lion installation using UniBeast.. sorry if I'm still missing something on the process since I'm still very newbie on this..

my detail is as below:

Hardware:
HP Z600 workstation
CPU: 2 x X5650 2.6Ghz 6 core
RAM: 16 GB DDR3
HDD: 1 HP SAS 500GB 3.5"
GPU: Nvidia Quadro 4000 2GB
Keyboard: HP USB Keyboard
Mouse: HP USB mouse
Display: HP ZR22w
Existing OS: Windows 7 64bit Professional
BIOS:
Default HP BIOS settings (All Cores Enabled, SATA RAID+AHCI)

Hardware configuration/layout:
(Same as yours) No SATA ports used, everything is plugged to SAS ports (LSI MEGARAID controller)

Install preparation:
1. Unibeast 1.3.0 with App Store's OS X Lion 10.7.4
2. I also removed nothing from the case/mb during the installation
3. No PS2 keyboard or mouse used

Install method:
1. boot with NO custom flags, just hit enter to boot from the Unibeast USB stick
2. cannot partition the disk with the Disk Utility since no hard disk found in the installation process ONLY UniBeast 8 GB USB Drive..

Post-install:
No post install done since I can't manage to perform it during the installation due to no hard disk found or I missing the step to do it offline before the UniBeast installation (maybe someone can help me on this how to do it - sorry for the newbie request since still in the learning process)

Umm, I did remove my Win disk when I first gave it a shot but subsequent (successful) Lion installs I did have my other disks in.

Did you try to install to another disk? Oh, and I installed to a non-raid standalone (SSD) SATA disk plugged in to a SAS port (port number should not matter as well since my SSD was in some of the middle ports - not first nor last).

Does Z600 and Z800 share chipsets?

Great!
Do you know which graphics driver should I use instead of yours, in case I would like to use an nVidia FX1800 professional card?
Thanks

Are you getting full temp monitoring for both CPUs and all cores?

I have an xw8600 with dual x5450s and it works perfectly, but I can't get Fakesmc to give me temps for all 8 cores (or fan speeds aside from GPU fan)..

If its not too much trouble, can you post a screenshot of HWMonitor and post which Fakesmc plugins you installed? The z800 and xw8600 both have an SMSC SCH5327 Superio controller, though it appears yours is rev. B according to HP specs.

Thanks!

secci said:
Great!
Do you know which graphics driver should I use instead of yours, in case I would like to use an nVidia FX1800 professional card?
Thanks

Not sure and this is just a guess but shouldn't pro cards as well be supported by quadro drivers + cuda? Other than that, have no clue - sorry :(

hockey9999 said:
Are you getting full temp monitoring for both CPUs and all cores?

I have an xw8600 with dual x5450s and it works perfectly, but I can't get Fakesmc to give me temps for all 8 cores (or fan speeds aside from GPU fan)..

If its not too much trouble, can you post a screenshot of HWMonitor and post which Fakesmc plugins you installed? The z800 and xw8600 both have an SMSC SCH5327 Superio controller, though it appears yours is rev. B according to HP specs.

Thanks!
From what I can remember, at least temps were showing and some fan speeds for the gpu but they might have been way off, need to double check them. Have been playing with Win8 RP last few days... I'll fire up the Hack when I get to the office on thursday or so.

I can definetly post screenshot as well later on... if memory serves me right, I did default setup which could have installed all of the fakesmc plugins. I'll check that.

Hi,

It seems that I'm getting only CPU0-4 temps and very odd readings for GPUs fan speeds.

Here's the screenshots as promised. I've added my SLE (kexts) as well.

Attachments

• hwmonitor.png
    hwmonitor.png
    31.2 KB · Views: 1,056
  • multibeast.png
    multibeast.png
    159 KB · Views: 1,105
  • istat.png
    istat.png
    54.3 KB · Views: 834
  • kexts.png
    kexts.png
    219.3 KB · Views: 887
More screeshots

Attachments

• sysinfo3_gpus.png
    sysinfo3_gpus.png
    126.8 KB · Views: 2,011
  • sysinfo3_gpus2.png
    sysinfo3_gpus2.png
    110.7 KB · Views: 1,157
  • sysinfo4_usb.png
    sysinfo4_usb.png
    112.6 KB · Views: 1,241
  • sysinfo5_sw.png
    sysinfo5_sw.png
    87.5 KB · Views: 843
  • translucent_lite_cpus.png
    translucent_lite_cpus.png
    17.1 KB · Views: 757
Hi, does your Sleepmode work correctly? I installed ML 10.8.2 on my Z800 and got problems with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back