GTX670 4GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey all,

Since I have Mac OS X Lion 10.7 I have problems on performance.
Startup is even slower then my Windows 7....
And shutdown is also very slow: about 12 seconds.
it used to be 4.2 seconds on Snow Leopard!

Any idea what could be the cause of this?

Thanks anyhow.
Grtz, IT07.

IT07 said:
thanks for the reply.
But I have to mention that OSX Lion is only slow during shutdown and startup.
While running it is very smooth and fast.
Oh i see. Hmm...do you have any kexts in your /Extra/Extensions Folder and still have Extensions.mkext in /Extra? If it's so, I bet if you boot with -v you'll see a long list of kexts which are loading very slow at boot time. Note: Lion don't any longer supports Extensions.mkext files. To get rid of that, use Extension Migration Tool within Multibeast for Lion in addition with System Utilities, so that all kexts which are stored now in /Extra/Extensions will be migrated into /S/L/E (and delete all files called Extensions.mkext you can get, use Spotlight on your Root Partition / ).

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2012-03-22 um 20.28.06.jpg
    Bildschirmfoto 2012-03-22 um 20.28.06.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 229
karacho said:
Oh i see. Hmm...do you have any kexts in your /Extra/Extensions Folder and still have Extensions.mkext in /Extra? If it's so, I bet if you boot with -v you'll see a long list of kexts which are loading very slow at boot time. Note: Lion don't any longer supports Extensions.mkext files. To get rid of that, use Extension Migration Tool within Multibeast for Lion in addition with System Utilities, so that all kexts which are stored now in /Extra/Extensions will be migrated into /S/L/E (and delete all files called Extensions.mkext you can get, use Spotlight on your Root Partition / ).

no such file or directory. "Extra" Directory is locked.
Installed Migration Tool from Multibeast, do I have to run it?
If so, where can I find it?

karacho said:
IT07 said:
...where can I find it?
???

Are you Blind Mate? :lol:

no I'm not, maybe you don't understand me.
I meant that after I installed the Migration Tool from MultiBeast,
Do I have to run the tool outside from MultiBeast?

karacho said:
Oh, Sorry for misunderstanding...no you don't have to run any Tool after that. Just tick the checkboxes i mentioned, perhaps it'll help.

ok thanks. Right now I can't restart my iHack because I've got
some unfinished business to do so when I can do a restart I'll report the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back