Contribute
Register

10.7.3 Retail install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the usbcomposite solution. :D i'll try now. Try VoodooHDA 0.2.62 from multibeast instead of AppleHDA rollback + HDAEnabler + ALC887. It must be work with voodooHDA.

jester969 said:
Try the first voodoo audio kext.

This results in no audio device listed in System Profiler, but 4 options in System Preferences:
Line Out/Line Out/Line Out/Line Out
Headphones
SPDIF
SPDIF

No audio set on headphones. Clicking like sounds on Line Out when I click on an alert sound.

Next step is to try each audio kext and see what happens?
or dive into Terminal and go through each of the files in the kexts?

Open to suggestions :)

For audio fixes, the 2 solutions that work for me are:
1) Use my USB audio interface - shows up in System Preferences sound normally (like on my MacBook Pro)
2) Use this solution that Bunford found on his thread

viewtopic.php?f=169&t=48005&start=30

Bunford said:
dylan90401 said:
seriously you guys rock for figuring this out, I was doing it by meself, and have gotting to sound, no sleep yet either..
If I find out anything I'll let you know... I see a thread on osx86.net about using voodoo, but that doesn't work for me and I rather it work out with a solid dsdt or even know which kexts. In either case, thank you all for your hard work!
(p8z68 pro gen 3)
For anyone with this board, this is how I got sound:

http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=2270

and follow the instructions there to the word.

This solution is what I'm running on my build, but I'm looking for a better one because it shows up in System Preferences/Sound with 5 options:
Headphones
Line Out
Line Out
Line Out
Line Out

Headphones isn't connected to any of the 6 audio outputs on the back panel. The Line Outs are not labeled nor are they in any particular order relative to the back panel connections. Also, only 4 of the 6 audio ports in the back work as there are only 4 line out options. Each line out does correspond to a unique audio port, but it's trial and error to figure out which one.

Hence my quest continues for a more elegant solution to the audio installation.

But thanks to Bunford for finding this. This at least proves that onboard audio can be used with our motherboards :)

Wake from sleep issue solved :)

This was actually an easy one to solve.

In BIOS -Advanced Mode>Advanced>APM, there are a number of options for power on. #2 and #3 are power on by PS/2 keyboard and power on by PS/2 mouse.

There are several options for the keyboard and Space bar is the one I chose. So far, any key I press on the keyboard wakes the computer from sleep.

My mouse will wake the the computer only by clicking on the buttons. Movement doesn't wake the computer up even though I can see the tracking light illuminate as it senses the motion.

My keyboard and mouse are made by Logitech. I'll try my Mac keyboard and mouse next.

Boot0 issue still has no working solution.

I've just finished trying the solution from this link:
http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chameleon/issues/129/

Apparently it worked with 10.7.2. I can say that it doesn't work 10.7.3 with my gear. I can say that I now have a bootable Ubuntu CD that runs on my gear :)

Anyone else with a 4k sector drive have any success or failure with booting?

sder96 said:
Thanks for the usbcomposite solution. :D i'll try now. Try VoodooHDA 0.2.62 from multibeast instead of AppleHDA rollback + HDAEnabler + ALC887. It must be work with voodooHDA.

You're welcome! and thanks for the tip. Please see my post on my final audio solution. It's what works with my gear at least.

jester969 said:
blumac said:
Boot0 issue still has no working solution.

I've just finished trying the solution from this link:
http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chameleon/issues/129/

Apparently it worked with 10.7.2. I can say that it doesn't work 10.7.3 with my gear. I can say that I now have a bootable Ubuntu CD that runs on my gear :)

Anyone else with a 4k sector drive have any success or failure with booting?

Follow iLikeTech instructions here

viewtopic.php?f=169&t=48393

Instructions are clearer than the voodoo link, but for me the result is still the same - boot0 error.

I went through the voodoo link instructions and iLikeTech's instructions. Both times, I successfully copied the boot1h file, but both times after rebooting, I still get the boot0 error message. I also tried powering down and then rebooting.

I'm wondering if the 2.5" form factor caused Seagate to add something more to it that's causing further conflict.

My hard drive is a Seagate Momentus 2.5" 750GB 7200rpm ST907503N1A1AS-RK.

Is your drive partitioned for other OS to be installed?

Is your drive first priority?

jester969 said:
Is your drive partitioned for other OS to be installed?

Is your drive first priority?

It's the only OS on the drive. 1 Partition. Only drive connected when I did the boot up sequences. Only the dvd-r might have taken precedence on some of the boot up tries, but nothing was in the dvd-r. Would that make a difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back