Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
It was suggested I repost this in it's own thread...

*Edit - Short answer: Use UniBeast version 1.1.0 with Lion 10.7.3
*Edit - Secondary issue (language screen loads background only - no dialogue window appears. The computer just sits there.): My hardware setup required the use of boot code "PCIRootUID=0" to fix this issue.
*Edit - OS installation a success :) Running Multibeast now.
*Edit - will post any further issues or final success (OS X installation proceeding normally now)

First day building my first Hackintosh - Picked a fine time to try it lol. New OS X Lion and first time trying.

My build -
CPU: Intel Cor i7-2600K @ 3.40GHz (default)
Motherboard: Asus P8Z68-V LX
RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR3 4GB 1333Mhz in slot 1 (Removed 2nd stick for installation process)
Hard Drive: Hitachi 750GB sata plugged into Sata 1 3 GB/s
Video Card: ATI Radeon 4870 512MB

USB Thumbdrive: Centon 8GB

Bought 10.7.3 on App Store - downloads to application folder
Downloaded Unibeast
Downloaded Multibeast

Built USB Thumbdrive successfully :D

Double checked BIOS settings:
Sata is AHCI Mode (default)
High Precision Timer is Enabled (default)
Boot order is set to USB thumbdrive first

I crossed my fingers and proceeded with boot up. Got to the Chameleon(?) boot screen to select my USB thumbdrive to boot.

Did so...and got a kernel panic
and the same result for each of the following
1) -v -x -f
2) PCIRootUID=1 (I notice that this is already set in the Boot args when I look at the crash log)
3) PCIRootUID=0
4) GraphicsEnabler=No
5) GraphicsEnabler=Yes
6) -s
7) -x
8) -v npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=1

So, in short, I haven't gotten to the installation screen yet, let alone multibeast.

In BIOS, I have also tried turning off
1) Realtek LAN
2) Audio
3) USB 3

The recurring message is
[RealtekRTL81xx:init] init completed
panic(cpu 2 caller 0xffffff80005dfb2a): "IOUSBDevice::_RESERVEDIOUSBDevice13 called. "@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-1699.24.23/libkern/c++/OSMetaClass.cpp:907
Kernel Extensions in backtrace:
com.apple.driver.AppleUSBComposite(4.5.8)...

So, my 3 questions are:
1) anybody else using Asus motherboard?
2) anybody try making a new Unibeast with 10.7.3 and successfully installing it?
3) anybody got any ideas for me try?

Second Day...
I saw that UniBeast is updated to 1.1.0 and that someone successfully installed 10.7.3. I just gave it shot. I'm able to get past the initial kernel panic problem from yesterday, but...

I'm stuck on the language selection page - I get the grey background indicating this is the language page, but the language selection menu does not appear. I only see the background.

Trying the different boot codes now...

Anyone else with an Asus motherboard try this yet?

*edit - PCIRootUID=0 got me to the functioning language screen! Will post any new issues or final results next...

To keep things organized, I'm following up my original post with my current situation.

Summary of 10.7.3 Retail installation
1) Use Unibeast 1.1.0 to build USB thumb drive otherwise it'll kernel panic before installation begins
2) My setup requires boot code PCIRootUID=0 otherwise installer hangs on the language selection screen (background shows up, but the dialogue window does not).
3) Also, on reboot before running multibeast, I had to use the above boot code otherwise the installer would hang on the first dialogue screen like it did on the language selection screen.

Multibeast 4.2.1
Sidenote: Before running multibeast, I noticed that my ethernet was working already.
Don't have a DSDT file for my motherboard.
Selected easybeast install
Selected the rest according to install guide.

Result:
1) Doesn't boot from drive (boot0 error), but will boot through USB drive first
2) no audio
3) ethernet is fine as I'm typing this from my CustoMac :)
*edit 4) doesn't wake from sleep

Now looking for help with the boot0 issue and the audio issue. Please see my build specs in the above post.

On the boot0 issue, please note that I'm using a Seagate Momentus 2.5" drive 750GB 7200rpm if that makes any difference. I'm reading up on the 4k sector issue.
*edit - yes this is a 4k sector drive. working on understanding how to implement that solution.

Thanks to tonymacx86.com and everyone else helping out. This is awesome that I can do this!

Thanks for the speedy update on Unibeast from 1.0 to 1.1.0. I believe that was a one day turnaround.

Attachments

• Non DSDT 887.png
    Non DSDT 887.png
    104.7 KB · Views: 984
Delete ALL audio kexts from S/L/E folder and retry the options.

By deleting all audio kexts, I assumed you meant
ALC8xxHDA.kext
AppleHDA.kext
HDAEnabler888b.kext and any variations of this one

Result is still no audio device in sys prefs.

Am I supposed to delete these as well?
AppleUSBAudio.kext
AudioIPCDriver.kext
AudioAUUC.kext
IOAudio2Family.kext
IOAudioFamily.kext

jester969 said:
Delete ALL audio kexts from S/L/E folder and retry the options.

No, and still no audio? You should have enable audio. I am stumped.

Double check audio cable connected to mobo?

Is it HD Audio or AC'97?

Lol I just reinstalled Lion and multi beast from scratch just to see if I missed anything. Same results:
1) no audio
2) boot0 - because hard drive is 4k sector and not 512k sector
3) won't wake from sleep

On the audio issue, I've noticed that when viewing About the Mac/More Info/System Report it shows the audio (built-in) as Intel High Definition Audio with Audio ID: 887.

But in System Preferences, there is no audio devices listed for alerts, in, or out.

Also, the Asus motherboard uses the Realtek 887 chipset.

Tried various patch strategies that I've found with using "other" kext sources, but to no avail.

*edit Also, in this current audio state, I am able to attach my USB M-Audio MobilePre and see it and use it in sound preferences.

Open to suggestions :)

Thanks for all your help. It's been an interesting learning experience so far. Please review my new post for all the current info that I've found so far.

jester969 said:
No, and still no audio? You should have enable audio. I am stumped.

Double check audio cable connected to mobo?

Is it HD Audio or AC'97?

Try the first voodoo audio kext.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back